anonymous ftp server package!!!(urgent)

Post by Q.W » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:28:46

Hi,
Could you tell me the name of anonymous ftp server package?boz I installed
RH6.2 don't install anonymous ftp server,I will install it now,thanks.

Post by dbian.. » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:08:42

> Could you tell me the name of anonymous ftp server package?

With RH there is WuFTP, you have to install inetd (if you haven't
installed yet), then WUFTP and then configure the inetd.conf
file to start the Ftp daemon.

Davide

anonymous ftp server package!!!(urgent)

Post by Matt Leinho » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:39:03

also, there is oftp that you can get from www.linuxapps.com. it is more
secure (it runs in a chroot-ed environ), but it only supports anonymous
ftp, which it sounds like is what you want.

matt

--
Matt Leinhos

"What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away."
  -- Simon and Garfunkel

1. ftp/urgent/urgent/urgent

iam using linux
i am having problem witha user not being able to ftp in to the server
with in the lan. all other users can. I checked the follwing files
 484 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpaccess
 456 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpconversion
  39 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpgroups
 104 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftphosts
  79 Feb 28 10:30 /etc/ftpusers
they don't have much in them.

the error message logged is Aug  4 15:13:10 linus ftpd[7144]: failed
login from linus [192.168.254.26]

any clues

please help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Proftpd configuration problems on Sparc Solaris 8

3. ftp problem/urgent/urgent/urgent

4. how to show amount of RAM

5. ~/ftp/pub owner of an anonymous ftp server

6. Autoreply mail according to Subject

7. Anonymous FTP access from non-anonymous account

8. eth0

9. Can you define a package (eg:an apache server, or ftp server)

10. Set up ftp server for FreeBSD Package Server...

11. Anonymous ftp server

12. Setting up secure anonymous ftp server ??

13. alternate anonymous ftp servers