SVGAlib problem

Post by ]NuRgL » Fri, 18 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi.. I recently got linux sucessfully working on my computer, with one small
problem.. whenver I load up SVGAlib games such as Sasterpoids or doom, when
the game loads up, I get 4 small pictures, one in each quadrant of the
monitor.. like so:

)(CRAPPY ASCII DRAWING TO FOLLLOW)(

+------+------+
|      |      |
|DOOM  | DOOM |
|      |      | <---- What's there
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| DOOM | DOOM |
|      |      |
+------+------+

Now.. as you amy guess, this distracts from the gameplay quite a bit.. sure,
all the graphics are in nice 640*480, but they are tiny....
the specs on my system are:

486DX2/66
8meg RAM
cirrus logic video card
and the  SVGAlib version is 1.2.4

thanks you in advance for any help :)

]NuRgLe[

SVGAlib problem

Post by Brandon Hin » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Hi.. I recently got linux sucessfully working on my computer, with one small
>problem.. whenver I load up SVGAlib games such as Sasterpoids or doom, when
>the game loads up, I get 4 small pictures, one in each quadrant of the
>monitor.. like so:
>)(CRAPPY ASCII DRAWING TO FOLLLOW)(
>+------+------+
>|      |      |
>|DOOM  | DOOM |
>|      |      | <---- What's there
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>| DOOM | DOOM |
>|      |      |
>+------+------+
>Now.. as you amy guess, this distracts from the gameplay quite a bit.. sure,
>all the graphics are in nice 640*480, but they are tiny....
>the specs on my system are:
>486DX2/66
>8meg RAM
>cirrus logic video card
>and the  SVGAlib version is 1.2.4
>thanks you in advance for any help :)
>]NuRgLe[

Which Cirrus chip does you card use?  My Cirrus only displays vertical
lines--they game seems to play, I just can't see the pretty pictures.

Brandon

1. SVGAlib problem with S3 Trio64

Hello All!
        I've been using Linux for about three years now, but ever since Redhat
3.0.3 I've been having a bad problem with any of the SVGAlib based
games.  Basically, I can play the game and so forth.  But, they won't
properly restore the console when they exit.  Usually, if I have X
running on another VT, it will screw that up too.  Then it's the good
ol' Ctrl-Alt-Delete to fix it.

        Anyone know how to configure svgalib to fix this?

Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

(202) 767-6006               *
*****************************************************************/

2. Spontaneous machine reboot on kernel load

3. svgalib problems

4. Update password configuration

5. SVGALIB problem

6. /usr/dict/words

7. Automated FTP script.

8. svgalib problem

9. SVGALib problems..

10. SVGALIB problems

11. Help!!! svgalib problem

12. /\/\ SVGALib Problem with Mack32 /\/\