X-Term setup help

Post by Shehrzad Qures » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

        I am having problems getting X-Term (X11R6, slackware) to get up
and running.  Specifically, my problem has to do with the Config file.  I
was under the impression that there was an index of smaple config files
in the following path : /usr/X11/lib/X11/XConfig/ , but I see nothing.
All I've got is a file called XConfig.eg, and I can't get mine to work
right.  Could someone mail me a copy of theirs?  Hopefully someone out
there with an ET4000/W32 (server XF86_W32) sees this and can help me
out.  I know I'll need to change the monitor stuff, but I need something
to help me get started.  Thanks in advance!

Shehrzad

X-Term setup help

Post by Richard Karlqui » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>    I am having problems getting X-Term (X11R6, slackware) to get up
>and running.  Specifically, my problem has to do with the Config file.  I
>was under the impression that there was an index of smaple config files
>in the following path : /usr/X11/lib/X11/XConfig/ , but I see nothing.
>All I've got is a file called XConfig.eg, and I can't get mine to work
>right.  Could someone mail me a copy of theirs?  Hopefully someone out
>there with an ET4000/W32 (server XF86_W32) sees this and can help me
>out.  I know I'll need to change the monitor stuff, but I need something
>to help me get started.  Thanks in advance!

>Shehrzad

Wrong path.  Try /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 and look for XF86Config.  You
will also have to change some links to point to X11R6 not X11 before
anything will run.

Regarding the ET4000 chip.  Start with the VGA driver, set dot clock
to 28.3, and use one of the example 640x480 configurations with 31.5
kHz. horiz frequency.  That should get you started.  What else will
run depends on your monitor.

Rick Karlquist

1. X-Term setup help

        So I hear there is a program called ConfigXF86 which will
automate the create of an X config file for you.  When I type ConfigXF86
I get a bad command error.  Then I hear there is supposed to an index
file of sorts in /usr/X11/lib/X11/Xconfig, but I see no file
'Xconfig.index'.  My server is ET4000/W32 (XF86_W32) and I need help
getting the config file.  Could someone mail me a copy of theirs?  Thanks
in advance.

Shehrzad

2. Linux drivers for Ovislynk ISDN !!

3. Smart-term vs. x-term

4. Help with Talk/Ytalk from Sun to VMS (have read FAQ)

5. Help: Connect HP 700RX x-term to Linux PC

6. Automatically changing passwords in a script

7. HELP NCD X-TERM OVERLOAD

8. remote X session not working

9. Help on Color X-term & CD-Player !!!

10. New to RH7 X-term help needed

11. Help me compile Colour X-Term under SLS

12. Help: PF keys on x-term VT100 emulation.

13. Help on X-term.