something similar to ISPF editor

Post by Robert Harm » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I use ISPF as my editor on mainframes & SPF/PC on PCs. Is there a version for
LINUX, or something similar? TIA

Robert Harmon
--
CHRIS HARMON & ASSOCIATES, Management & Training Consultants
Post Office Box 2756 | Kirkland, Washington 98083-2756

Seattle's HOT restaurant & tourist info - http://www.halcyon.com/harmonr/

Post by Henry Y » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I use ISPF as my editor on mainframes & SPF/PC on PCs. Is there a version for
>LINUX, or something similar? TIA

there's an XEDIT (i.e. VM/CMS XEDIT) clone (i think it's called 'T.H.E.').
or, do what i do when i wax nostalgic -- run KEDIT (mansfield software's
DOS clone of XEDIT) under DOSEMU. works great. i imagine SPF/PC would
work under DOSEMU, too...

i think there's a "native" *nix clone of XEDIT called S/EDIT, too.
--
Henry Yen
Hicksville, NY  (yes, there really is a "Hicksville"...)

1. Any low cost ISPF editors?

We are a IBM mainframe shop using ISPF on both MVS and VM, and now
have a few RS6000's for voice applications.

As there is a AIX version of ISPF for about $1000, it's hard to justify
that cost for just one or two programmers.

We do have CPEDIT, which is a VM like X-EDIT editor, but is there a
ISPF editor for just a few hundred dollars?

Thanks!
Dean Wittke
Cal Poly Administrative Systems

2. Raising the hard limit of max. fd

3. Anybody coded the ISPF editor yet?

4. Image not stable...

5. Are ISPF editor and REXX clones available on Linux ?

6. how to change groupnames in INN

7. Another Editor Question - ISPF

8. Mylex DCE376 SCSI Controller

9. C system call to check for a process by name (something similar to ps)

10. is Samba working or something similar on Solaris ?

11. MouseIMP or something similar?

12. kinternet or something similar for Red-Hat

13. Something similar to Sniffer