Linux newbie! Xwindows is working great until I exit, then the video is out if sync!

Linux newbie! Xwindows is working great until I exit, then the video is out if sync!

Post by Troy Gooc » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have a OAK video card w/ 1meg of memory. I can get it configured useing
xf86config.  I can go into xwindows and it looks great.  but when I exit the
screen looks like it is out of sync.  Does anyone have any idea's what to
check..

1. I AM A NEWBIE and I CAN GET SOund to work in REDHAT Linux.....

Here is the steps to get sound to work under Linux... ( for newbies
like myself)

1. Login Linux as Root
2. Open Terminal Window
3. Type sndconf
4. Select your sound card
5. You are all SET

.........If your sound card is not listed... try the ones that are
similar to it.....( Try all of the sound alvailable there until you
can get it to work.......) BELIEVE me... It will work....
The only Problem is the TIME....

2. color depth

4. Tips wanted for upgrading to 3.1.2

5. AMR linux compatability