gnome panel loses applets

Post by Robert Brown-Bayli » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Every now an then, my gnome panel will discard an applet, and from then
on it is nearly impossible to get it back.  I can add it for the sesion,
but no mater what it's gone next time I log on.

Any cluse?  I have RH6 and the gnome from there...

thanks

--
Rob

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bayliss

gnome panel loses applets

Post by Michael Per » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 30 May 1999 20:46:24 +1200, Robert Brown-Bayliss

>Every now an then, my gnome panel will discard an applet, and from then
>on it is nearly impossible to get it back.  I can add it for the sesion,
>but no mater what it's gone next time I log on.

>Any cluse?  I have RH6 and the gnome from there...

>thanks

>--
>Rob

>http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bayliss

This was actually happening to me on SuSE 6.0 on a laptop.  I could add any
number of things but when I started again they were gone.  There may be some
subtle differences though.  For me, if I ran "panel &" I could add stuff all
I wanted and it stayed.  I could make the switch rather easily running Gnome
and SuSE 6 with my self-built enlightenment.  I dont know about RH 6.  What
I found though was that somehow the session file had gotten corrupt. I
removed this file after copying it for sanity's sake, restarted gnome +
enlightenment and from then on all my changes showed up.  The session file
appears to manage all the stuff that gnome-session wants to start up or
manage.  I have found it in my home directory.

Using RH 6 your mileage may vary...

--
Michael Perry