need video settings for Toshiba 2805-S302

need video settings for Toshiba 2805-S302

Post by Richard Welt » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 05:07:10

i have Redhat 7.1 installed on a Toshiba Satellite 2805-S302, working
pretty well except for the modem (no effort put into this yet) and the
video.

any help with tackling the XF86 setup would be appreciated; right now,
static screens look fine but any sort of mouse movement or updates
cause lots of horizontal lines.

thanks in advance,
  richard

need video settings for Toshiba 2805-S302

Post by Richard Welt » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 02:22:10

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 20:07:10 GMT, Richard Welty

>i have Redhat 7.1 installed on a Toshiba Satellite 2805-S302, working
>pretty well except for the modem (no effort put into this yet) and the
>video.
>any help with tackling the XF86 setup would be appreciated; right now,
>static screens look fine but any sort of mouse movement or updates
>cause lots of horizontal lines.

on the one hand, no one made any suggestions, on the other hand,
Redhat 7.2's Generic Laptop Display Panel 1024x768 config seems to
work well.

now the 7.2 upgrade didn't go so well, but i got it working in the end
-- but that's another story.

richard

1. Need help - Anyone with a Toshiba 2805 laptop

I have a new Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 that comes with Win ME and I
really want to switch it over to Linux.

Can anyone tell me if they have done it successfully and which
distribution they used.  I need to be able to use the USB, LAN
connection, modem and the DVD player.

Also this might be a stupid question, but you can watch DVD movies
under Linux, correct?

I know you can hotsync Palm Pilots, but what about the possibility of
linking a Casio Q3000EX digital camera, RIO 500 MP3 player and Sony
miidisc player/recorder :)

Thanks for any help.

Ken

2. More SCSI tape trouble, 2.0.10

3. Repost Secondary Controller

4. Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201

5. A http library for linux

6. Whay happened to ONYX

7. Toshiba 2805-S402 and FreeBSD

8. toshiba 2805-s402 winmodem

9. Toshiba 2805-S301 w/LM8: can't use external monitor -- help !

10. Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201