linux monitor problems

Post by <darthp.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have just installed mandrake 7.1 and pressed the wrong button when asked
for my monitor so all i get when i boot up is a blank screen.
Is there any way to fix this or do i have to start again.  I am a complete
beginner  so please keep it simple if possible.
thanks

linux monitor problems

Post by flippe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> I have just installed mandrake 7.1 and pressed the wrong button when asked
> for my monitor so all i get when i boot up is a blank screen.
> Is there any way to fix this or do i have to start again.  I am a complete
> beginner  so please keep it simple if possible.
> thanks

Hi,

At lilo prompt type: linux 3 (for RH and Mandrake) or
Linux <number> for starting in console mode

Next log as root and type XF86Setup, or xconfigurator
or xf86config and configure your XFree86. I suggest
to use lower values for your monitor and when you'll
have an X screen, try to reconfigure again with normal
parameters.

Bye

1. alpha linux monitor problem

Hi,

I have an annoying problem:  every once in a while, say maybe 10% of the
time, when I log out of a session, instead of the X login prompt coming
up, I get a blank screen, except for the message "check video cable" on
the screen.  It is as if the monitor cable were unplugged.  The only way
to get out of this that I have found is to reboot.  I think it could be
fixed just by sending a reset signal to the video card but I am not sure
how this is done.  I can log in to the machine remotely when it is in
this state, luckily, because it is necessary for the reboot!

anyone else had this problem or know of a more gentle solution than
reboot?

technical details are -

machine: compaq alphaserver DS10 running redhat 6.1 using Gnome and
Enlightenment as window manager

monitor: compaq P110

thanks,
Jesse Hersch

2. Solaris 7 ufsdump : dev_seek error

3. LAN monitoring and Serial monitoring problem...

4. COM3 not found on booting

5. Problem with Linux and monitor

6. This is for Orest.

7. Problem with Linux and CTX 14" monitor

8. s3 ViRGE

9. monitor problems with linux

10. LINUX-PC and Mac share same monitor - problems

11. HELP--Monitor settings problem for Redhat Linux 7.3 with KDE

12. Logitech mouse and /root problems and Monitor problems

13. FS - 16" Sun Color Monitors - $59.99 - 17" Sun Color Monitors $69.99