Scroll Mouse not scrolling

Post by Iwer M?rc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

First, I'm absolutely new to linux, have some setup experience with Win98.

I'm using RedHat 6.0

How do I get the scroll wheel on my MS Cordless Wheel Mouse to scroll?

The wheel click works like middle button.

I read all I could find about mouse configuration, but still I can't get i
to work.

Here's the pointer section of xf86config:

# ******************************************************************
# Pointer section
# ******************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IntelliMouse"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

--

Cheers

Iwer

Scroll Mouse not scrolling

Post by Jan Schauman » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> How do I get the scroll wheel on my MS Cordless Wheel Mouse to scroll?

download the imwheel rpm from

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/powertools/6.1/i386/imwheel-0.9.6-7.i386...

install it as root (something like "rpm -Uvh tehpackage.rpm" - check
"man rpm", if you don't have a graphical package-manager).

change the Pointer Section of your XF86Config so taht the pointer
section looks like this:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IMPS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
End Section

start imwheel and you should be good to go...

Also, read through http://jcatki.dhs.org/imwheel/ and especially
http://jcatki.dhs.org/imwheel/README

HTH,

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann
http://jschauma-0.dsl.speakeasy.net/

Scroll Mouse not scrolling

Post by Iwer M?rc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Thanks, I'll try that.

--

Cheers

Iwer

Quote:> download the imwheel rpm from

> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/powertools/6.1/i386/imwheel-0.9.6-7.i386...

> install it as root (something like "rpm -Uvh tehpackage.rpm" - check
> "man rpm", if you don't have a graphical package-manager).

> change the Pointer Section of your XF86Config so taht the pointer
> section looks like this:

> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol    "IMPS/2"
>     Device      "/dev/mouse"
>     ZAxisMapping 4 5
> End Section

> start imwheel and you should be good to go...

> Also, read through http://jcatki.dhs.org/imwheel/ and especially
> http://jcatki.dhs.org/imwheel/README

> HTH,

> -Jan

> --
> Jan Schaumann
> http://jschauma-0.dsl.speakeasy.net/

Scroll Mouse not scrolling

Post by Iwer M?rc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

<snip>

Quote:> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol    "IMPS/2"
>     Device      "/dev/mouse"
>     ZAxisMapping 4 5
> End Section

> start imwheel and you should be good to go...

Ok, I have installed the package and it works. BUT, when I switch to
lefthanded mode, everything is messed up. The the left button isn't
recognized at all, the right is ok, turning the wheel up is recognized as
third button click, turning down as normal click and hold.

Can I change the settings for the buttons in XF86Config?

I mean, there is the ZAxisMapping argument. Could there also be an
XAxisMapping and a YAxismapping argument?

--

Cheers

Iwer

Scroll Mouse not scrolling

Post by kfvandersl.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi

> First, I'm absolutely new to linux, have some setup experience with Win98.

> I'm using RedHat 6.0

> How do I get the scroll wheel on my MS Cordless Wheel Mouse to scroll?

As mentioned put the Z axis mapping in your XF86Config file. If you use GNOME
you probably do not want to use imwheel as the GNOME applications support the
wheel mouse without it. Imwheel will make the GNOME apps not work with the
wheel mouse. If you use KDE then you definitely want imwheel

1. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

2. Q: sendmail recompile at each reboot?

3. 4D+ Scrolling Mouse (Scroll FX) by Micro

4. Welcome to comp.unix.tru64

5. Scroll function of scroll mouse under XWindow

6. devfs v199.9 available

7. xterm scrolling question => how to get automatic scrolling with mouse?

8. con solo 640 Mega ?

9. Konqueror, scrolling, and black scrolled portions of the screen.

10. fvwm: Screen not scrolling when mouse button held down, help

11. IBM 3-button scroll mouse

12. Genius Easy Scroll Mouse