Linux SndConfig Problem (Put Music in my Linux)

Linux SndConfig Problem (Put Music in my Linux)

Post by nat.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

My sound card model is CS4236 and I check
The linux compatibility list and it said
that it support the CS423x, so it is compatible.
I tried using sndconfig and at first it detects
the wrong card but then I choose the right one an
tried different settings but all I get are errors
, I really don't know what the right settings are
because when a look at the windows sound config it
gives me too much info. If anybody out there can help
me to make sense of this info and put music to my
machine I will be very grateful, if you need any more

I have been studying linux and I am willing to get my hand
dirty if necessary even if that mean going to the guts of the system
Any suggestion you give it will be appreciated. Thanks

IRQ
5 Crystal PNP Audio System Codec
10 PCI Audio Accelerator

I/O
0061-0061 System Speakers
0120-0127 Crystal Pnp Audio System Control Register
0220-022F Crystal PnP Audio System Codec
0330-0331 Crystal PnP System MPU-401
0388-038B Crystal PnP Audio System Codec
0534-0537 Crystal PnP audio system Codec

DMA
01 Crystal pnp Audio System CODEC
03 Crystal PnP Audio Systems CODEC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Linux SndConfig Problem (Put Music in my Linux)

Post by Edward Le » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can download the CSC4236 sound driver at http://linnux.com.
You don't need to figure out any setting.  Setpnp will figure it out for
you.

> My sound card model is CS4236 and I check
> The linux compatibility list and it said
> that it support the CS423x, so it is compatible.
> I tried using sndconfig and at first it detects
> the wrong card but then I choose the right one an
> tried different settings but all I get are errors
> , I really don't know what the right settings are
> because when a look at the windows sound config it
> gives me too much info. If anybody out there can help
> me to make sense of this info and put music to my
> machine I will be very grateful, if you need any more

> I have been studying linux and I am willing to get my hand
> dirty if necessary even if that mean going to the guts of the system
> Any suggestion you give it will be appreciated. Thanks

> IRQ
> 5 Crystal PNP Audio System Codec
> 10 PCI Audio Accelerator

> I/O
> 0061-0061 System Speakers
> 0120-0127 Crystal Pnp Audio System Control Register
> 0220-022F Crystal PnP Audio System Codec
> 0330-0331 Crystal PnP System MPU-401
> 0388-038B Crystal PnP Audio System Codec
> 0534-0537 Crystal PnP audio system Codec

> DMA
> 01 Crystal pnp Audio System CODEC
> 03 Crystal PnP Audio Systems CODEC

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Linux SndConfig Problem (Put Music in my Linux)

[...]

2. X and Private Colormaps

3. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

4. Help with sed syntax in broken sh script?

5. linux boot problem after running sndconfig

6. My c-program produces too many open files/could not fork process errors

7. Linux User Group of Davis - "Music and Linux", Sept. 16

8. Network Sugestions

9. I want Win95 to download linux apps, then put them into Linux

10. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

11. street music not sheet music!

12. Problems With Putting Linux On 2nd HD

13. Any problem putting linux on proliant 800's?