XVFilemgr

Post by danghuyn » Tue, 14 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I'm tire to see Bill Gate Windows's face, fvwm95, so does anyone have
XVFilemgr for Linux yet?  I got XVFilemgr code, but it's used in Solaris OS.
I really like to put XVFilemgr and Olvwm in my RedHat 5.0 system now.  I
think it's pretty NEAT.
sknahT

XVFilemgr

Post by Steven J. Hil » Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Go check out the Linux Explorer page. It is an awesome filemanager for Linux and
other flavors of
*NIX.  The development will be continuing in a few months (spoke to the original
authors).

> I'm tire to see Bill Gate Windows's face, fvwm95, so does anyone have
> XVFilemgr for Linux yet?  I got XVFilemgr code, but it's used in Solaris OS.
> I really like to put XVFilemgr and Olvwm in my RedHat 5.0 system now.  I
> think it's pretty NEAT.
> sknahT

XVFilemgr

Post by Marc D. Willia » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I'm tire to see Bill Gate Windows's face, fvwm95, so does anyone have
>XVFilemgr for Linux yet?  I got XVFilemgr code, but it's used in Solaris OS.
>I really like to put XVFilemgr and Olvwm in my RedHat 5.0 system now.  I
>think it's pretty NEAT.
>sknahT

Olvwm is available for Linux as part of the Xview package. I have it here
and just downloaded XVFilemgr yesterday.

It's at sunsite. URL I have with me is
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/sunsite/libs/X/xview/

Binaries are available.
I just noticed that olvwm is 8bit color only it seems. Located a
truecolor version but it's source only and I got rid of the necessary
xview sources to compile it awhile back (low disk space).

--

Quote:>> ANIME SENSHI <<

Marc D. Williams

IRC Nick: Senshi        Channel: #dos  #IrcHelp
http://www.agate.net/~tvdog/internet.html  --  DOS Internet

1. xvfilemgr - help needed!

Is there anyone out there using this file manager.  I'm having problems
with it.
Basically, when I try to change the properties, the properties panel
comes up, but I cannot execute any mouse-clicks against it.  I tried
putting an empty .xvfmgrrc file out ther, but that caused a segmentation
fault.
I remember that an earlier version (back in '97) worked fine, but the
latest one I picked up has this problem.
THanks in advance
Dave E.

--

2. soundplay error "wrong length difference"