PPPD dies - signal 15 received...

Post by Sasha Agrano » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm using KPPP (from KDE1.0) on my home RH5.0 for connecting to ISP
(PAP). The problem is that sometimes it establishes connection, and
sometimes not. It's hard to predict, but almost every time KPPP window
looses focus (I have focus-follow-mouse), connection is NOT established.

What I get is "PPPD process died unexpectedly" and in logs there's smth
like: "PPPD: Signal 15 received. Conection closed.".

Any ideas on what this "signal 15" is and how the situation can be
fixed?
Thanks in advance,
                      Sasha

P.S. Please crosspost your answers to my E-Mail, since my news server
tends to drop some articles...

--
        ''~``
       ( + + )

|  (   )    0ooo.      (972) 8 9131187        |
+---\ (-----(   )-----------------------------+
     \_)     ) /
            (_/

Post by Daniel Erskin » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I'm using KPPP (from KDE1.0) on my home RH5.0 for connecting to ISP
> (PAP). The problem is that sometimes it establishes connection, and
> sometimes not. It's hard to predict, but almost every time KPPP window
> looses focus (I have focus-follow-mouse), connection is NOT established.

> What I get is "PPPD process died unexpectedly" and in logs there's smth
> like: "PPPD: Signal 15 received. Conection closed.".

> Any ideas on what this "signal 15" is and how the situation can be
> fixed?
> Thanks in advance,
>                       Sasha

Greetings:
  You're VERY lucky, I just saw this last night ;)  I used RedHat's
network interface configuration GUI via X windows.  When I deactivated
the PPP connection, I got this message when I ran the command "tail -f
/var/log/messages".  Sounds like something might be disconnecting your
line!  Do you have network card configured on the workstation as well?
If so, try disabling this from the said network configuration GUI, and
try connecting again!

Later...
    THE PRECEDING REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF THE AUTHOR
   AND NOT, NECESSARILY, THE VIEWS OF EDWARD JONES.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

1. pppd dies with error 10 or 15 when sending request to isp

Hi ,
I've got installed RH 6.2
pppd dies during authentification to my isp.
The problem is coming from the settings of ttyS1, the highest speed of the
serial port I need to set is 19200. If  set higher , I can't authenticate to
the isp.
I used minicom , to check where the problem was coming from in the first
place.
At higher speed than 19200, the terminal, sends me rubish and I need to exit
and reset.
when setting the speed at 19200, I can enter my username and password with
no problem, authenticate and get an ip address
The modem is an external usr336 . I supsect the flow control of the modem
not to work properly . I tried hard and soft flow control => same problem, I
forced the flow control with at&k3 => same problem
I checked the setserial -a /dev/ttyS1 and the settings are ok.
I should maybe try the modem on an other machine, and I will do it, but I
don't understand why I don't have such a problem under win98 or NT, could be
thanks to the modem driver from us robotics.
What do you think  ? Is it the flow control of the modem, or it could be
something else.
Thanks
Pascal

2. Help! Soudblaster setup in Mandrake 7.1

3. Signal 15 disconnects pppd on FreeBSD

4. Fox-Pro on Linux

5. syslogd: exiting on signal 15 - exit signals

6. Suse linux printing

7. xlock dies after receiving signal 11

8. Good books on the following...?

9. pppd dies, "receiving line is not 8-bit clean..."

10. pppd dies with a Fatal Signal 11 - Help

11. Help: pppd is dying on SIGNAL 10 after successful connection

12. fetchmail receives sig 15, smail doesn't do queue runs