Reg. Program installation

Post by kaavl » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:50:59

When  a program is installed in KDE (say) using an RPM, is there anyway of
finding out where it will appear in the KDE menu.
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Shashank

Reg. Program installation

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 04:59:36

> When  a program is installed in KDE (say) using an RPM, is there anyway of
> finding out where it will appear in the KDE menu.

Sure. Read the spec file to see if it modifies the KDE system-wide
default menus.

Peter

1. Help: Reg. Linux Installation

Hi:

I am trying to install RedHat Linux 5.1 in my Pent.III machine with 20
GB Hard drive.
However Linux is considering only 8 GB and it thinks some other file
system is using 20 GB, hence available disk space is -12GB.

How can I come around this problem?

Also, I am trying to install both Win'98 and Linux in my system and
while booting I want choose the OS using LILO. So how should I proceed
with installation?
Should I install Win'98 first or Linux first? and how to install LiLo?

Thank you for considering.

-Ram

2. I can't compile kernel 1.3.57

3. Q reg PPP installation on linux

4. "SOURCE-ROUTE" IP-packets

5. Reg crash utility installation

6. rsh - Problem

7. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

8. Napster 4 Linux w/ proxy support

9. Stopping Reg program on CDE startup

10. sed and NO reg. expressions [on program code]

11. Reg. Making Menu Driven programs in UNIX environment

12. USENIX 1996 Annual Technical Conference - Program & Reg. Info

13. "Mary had a neat program...neat program...neat program...