How do you move linux to another disk?

Post by Fan Li T » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
        I want to move my linux partition off my /dev/hda4 onto my scsi
partition /dev/sda4 which is connected to a qlogic pci scsi basic card.
I want to use a boot disk or loadlin (have been using lilo all these
while).  Is this possible?
        I've been trying to do it the whole of last night and it's been
driving me crazy.  Can't even make a boot disk that will boot and run linux
off /dev/sda4.
        Any help is greatly appreciated.  Also, any advice on making a
boot disk with the qlogic scsi driver is appreciated.  Thank you.

-Tai

1. Moving dos to a new disk

I currently have a system with one hard disk. It has dos 6.22 on
the first partition and Linux on the rest of the partitions. I
bought a second disk. The second disk is currently slave. I have
put a small dos partition on the new disk. It appears to be
"FAT12". From the first disk, I did "FORMAT D: /S", then copied
the other dos files to the new drive. Then I changed the jumpers
to make the new drive the master. Dos won't boot. What should I
do?

2. Max No of CDs On Dos Merge

3. Moving compressed files from DOS disk to Sparc

4. catching parallel port interrupt?

5. How to move disk from NT back to DOS?

6. PPP and Radius

7. Move 40MBs from dos partition to Linux

8. How to determine patch level of Netscape Web a Server

9. Move of AIX on 2GB disk to 4GB disk ?

10. Moving a Solstice Disk Suite-striped disk from one news server to another

11. move the local disk drives and disk array from SunE3500 to Sun E 5500

12. moving root disk to a new disk