How to set time zone?

Post by Hugh » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How do I set the time zone on my Slackware 3.4?

Thanks.

Regards,
Hugh Ho

How to set time zone?

Post by Ed Reppe » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>How do I set the time zone on my Slackware 3.4?

I dunno from slackware, but this is what I did (as root) on mklinux:

ln -sf /usr/var/zoneinfo/US/Eastern   /etc/localtime

This makes a symbolic link between my localtime and the actual zone file.

Two caveats: I may have the path of the Eastern timezone file incorrect
(and it may not be the same in slackware as it is in mklinux anyway) and
if you aren't in the Eastern US timezone, you'll need to link to another
file.

--

Regards,

Ed

1. setting time zone

I have the following silly question. I cannot get my system to display
the right time. The macintosh (in mac-os) is OK, but the mklinux time
(including xclock) does not react to the fact that I simbolically link
(ln) the right time zone definition. Any suggestions ?

2. sun cluster 2.2: nafo - no switchover

3. set time zone

4. solaris 2.4: waitpid() and select()

5. How to set time zone in SunOS 4.1

6. .dat files-- how to read?

7. how to set time zone?

8. WinNT NTFS filesystem. Is it visible from Linux?

9. Setting time zone?

10. Setting Time Zone

11. NEED HELP SETTING TIME ZONE USING DATE COMMAND

12. setting time zones in linux