'no rule to make target config' Error

Post by Steven Po » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am quite new to Linux, and I have managed to install
successfully 5.1 on my desktop.

I have now ventured to install RedHat 5.2 on a server.  I get the
following error:

'no rule to make target config'

This occurs when I attempt to run "make config" from the
/usr/src/linux
directory.  I know the config.h file exists, but I cannot
understand
why this would I happen.

During the RedHat install, like my previous installation of 5.1,
selected the option to install the source files. Maybe I
overlooked
something...but I cannot place my finger on it.

Thanks.

Steven Poe

Post by ne.. » Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I am quite new to Linux, and I have managed to install
>successfully 5.1 on my desktop.

>I have now ventured to install RedHat 5.2 on a server.  I get the
>following error:

>'no rule to make target config'

>This occurs when I attempt to run "make config" from the
>/usr/src/linux directory.  I know the config.h file exists, but I
>cannot understand why this would I happen.

>During the RedHat install, like my previous installation of 5.1,
>I selected the option to install the source files. Maybe I
>overlooked something...but I cannot place my finger on it.

Aktually the kernel source was not installed. You can
grab the latest from sunsite or kernel.org and use that
instead.

--
ne...
.sig server was neva operational.