New & need infomation

Post by Caribbean Ma » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

To all you Linux gurus

It's been a week that i started working with Unix and was told that
linux would be a great
OS to get aquainted with. I would like to download the REDHAT version
but don't know what files to get besides the boot.img and supp.img. I
would like to have a small running system to start with before buying
the cd and books.

If anyone is familiar with the downloading of REDHAT Linux and it's
installation please email me at:

All replies are welcome. I am very eager to get started at home

New & need infomation

Post by Charles Gei » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> To all you Linux gurus

> It's been a week that i started working with Unix and was told that
> linux would be a great
> OS to get aquainted with. I would like to download the REDHAT version
> but don't know what files to get besides the boot.img and supp.img. I
> would like to have a small running system to start with before buying
> the cd and books.

> If anyone is familiar with the downloading of REDHAT Linux and it's
> installation please email me at:

> All replies are welcome. I am very eager to get started at home

http://sunsite.unc.edu and ftp://sunsite.unc.edu is one of the best
spots to go.  for just about anything to do with linux.  also
Redhat has a site.  also there are tons of FAQ's and HowTo's

New & need infomation

Post by Nathan » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> If anyone is familiar with the downloading of REDHAT Linux and it's
> installation please email me at:

I strongly suggest you start at the Red Hat web (http:\\www.redhat.com) or
ftp
(ftp:\\ftp.redhat.com) sites and download the complete Red Hat manual which
will give you all of the required info.  Several versions are available.
v4.2 is the latest.

Good Luck on your mission.

N.

1. I need help with my "mount" infomation Please help, ASAP

A small / BIG problem can ya please help..... with my "mount" setup....

I am using S.u.S.E. Linux 5.3 with KDE... and I like it... But I can't
mount
my SCSI CD-ROM.... My controller is supported and I did use it to
Install linux
but now I can't mount it. In "YaST" for the mount points I can see it
but it is grayed out ?

I treed mounting it form the X Term ( I am ROOT user) with,
"mount -t iso9660 -r /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom" and I get Not a valid block
device ?

I also did edit my "fstab" file an the line for my CD-ROM is there....
"/dev/scd0         /cdrom          iso9660       ro,noauto,user 0   0"

so what is going on, do I need to boot with a SCSI kernel, I am booting
with
a IDED kernel because I do not have any SCSI hard drives.... also I
can't mount my darn
floppy drive as well ??? what is going on ???

Rich     - please E-mail if you can....

2. Disk space

3. Need help of infomation of Solaris2.5 ddi programing

4. Mandrake 7 Installation problem

5. Red Hat 6.0 && init messages && new kernel

6. -How might I get XF86_S3 to work with runx?-

8. Test if variable is set in bash?

9. O(1) & preempt & XFS & new IDE for 2.4.19

11. 没有人用中文吗?

12. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

13. New To Scripting & Need Advice / Help