Menu editing on Redhat 8

Post by Luinfi » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 06:15:55

I got a set of RH8 disks in one of those booklet deals, full 3 CDs of
installation and some others. Installed , started up no problem. When I
go to actually do some system changes I hit some annoying features , but
ok that just takes a little time. But I want to edit / inspect the Menus
themselves. Help says right clicking will bring up the popup menu to do
this ... but when I try it I do not have the option to create new menu
items. I login as root expecting it may be a permission thing ... nope
.. still no option to add menu items. Can't find where this stuff is
kept to even edit the config files directly.

Also as a side issue, does anyone know how to enable single click in
gnome on RH8 .. I have heard it is possible ... really liked it in KDE.

thanks in advance,

regards,
Peter

Menu editing on Redhat 8

Post by Davi » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 11:21:57

> Also as a side issue, does anyone know how to enable single click in
> gnome on RH8 .. I have heard it is possible ... really liked it in KDE.

Nautilus
Edit > Preferences > Behavior

--
Confucius:  He who play in root, eventually kill tree.
Slackware 9.0-rc1 Kernel 2.4.20 i686 (GCC) 3.2.2

Menu editing on Redhat 8

Post by Ohmste » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 00:00:49

Quote:> when I try it I do not have the option to create new menu
> items.

Messing with the menu in RH8 is a pain in the arse. Here is how to do it:
http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html

Might not be worth the effort though.

--
~Ohmster

Menu editing on Redhat 8

Post by Luinfi » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:39:21

>>when I try it I do not have the option to create new menu
>>items.

> Messing with the menu in RH8 is a pain in the arse. Here is how to do it:
> http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html

> Might not be worth the effort though.

Thanks for the reference. I had a further look into what I think are
_some_ of the config directories .... oh-my-god! Who thought that scheme
up ? Hmmm  ... WindowMaker's starting to look good.

regards,
peter

1. Control Center loses menu after editing menu in menuDrake

Using, Mandrake and KDE2:

When I edit my menus in MenuDrake (which has its own issues) I lose all the
items in KDE Control Center (menus, etc.)  Control Center launches, but
there is just a blank white area where the various choices used to be (look
n feel, etc).

I've recreated this twice now.  I have to full reinstall to fix it as I
found no way to install just the control center.

Anyone else with this problem, or have any ideas?

Dante D'Elia

2. WebSmith - what do u think?

3. KDE: editing mouse menu

4. Aix vs. Solaris -- what should I get?

5. Only root can edit KDE menus?

6. tape recover error "not enough space"

7. Editing xinitrc & menu items

8. TV card on Linux

9. Recommendation for Quick Fix of RH9 menu edit snafu

10. Alternate way to edit k menu???

11. Rightclick menu editing in RH8.

12. KDE2 Menu Editing; "Wherez da docs?"

13. So, how DO you edit menus in RH 8?