lilo vs loadlin on fat32 boots.

Post by H. Blakely Willifor » Wed, 22 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello linux world!

I have two hard drives hda and hdb.  hda is my linux drive with lilo
loaded; hdb is a disk drive who's os uses fat32.  I would like to use
lilo as the boot manarger for both os's.  Would the following lines work
to do this in lilo?

   other = /dev/hdb1
      table = /dev/hdb
      lable = win95

Or will I need to first boot dos and use loadlin to boot linux?

If you wish to reply to me via you will need to remove the NOSPAM.

Thank you for your time.

--

 Men never do evil so completely & cheerfully
 as when they do it with religious conviction.

Post by Steven J. Hathawa » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Hello linux world!

> I have two hard drives hda and hdb.  hda is my linux drive with lilo
> loaded; hdb is a disk drive who's os uses fat32.  I would like to use
> lilo as the boot manarger for both os's.  Would the following lines work
> to do this in lilo?

>    other = /dev/hdb1
>       table = /dev/hdb
>       lable = win95

> Or will I need to first boot dos and use loadlin to boot linux?

> If you wish to reply to me via you will need to remove the NOSPAM.

> Thank you for your time.

----------------------
You may also need to add a loader to your lilo.conf

other = /dev/hdb1
   label = win95
  loader = /boot/any_d.b
  table = /dev/hdb

Good Luck,
Steven J. Hathaway

lilo vs loadlin on fat32 boots.

Post by tmcg » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

This means then that Win95 will be booting as drive D: right?  I've got an
almost identical set-up to this except I've got NT on my other drive.  But
it's installed thinking it's on drive C:.  Do I need to add anything to this
lilo entry to accomodate this or will NT adjust itself accordingly.  I don't
really trust it to do so but would like to know if anyone knows for sure.