Mitsubishi Amity VP

Post by Laurel William » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone tried installing Linux on an Amity?
I'd like to hear about it.

Laurel Williams, Student Intern, Department 2
ATR Media Integration and Communications Research Labs
Seika-ch, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-0288 Japan
Tel. +81 774 95 1448, Fax. +81 774 95 1408

URL (with lolly_cam!): www.ee.ryerson.ca/~lwilliam
ICQ: lollipop - 11514580

1. Ethernet problem: 3C589D PCMCIA NIC in Mitsubishi Amity VP

Greetings,

I have a Mitsubishi Amity VP sub-laptop computer onto which I have loaded
OpenBSD 2.9.  This machine uses an AMD 5x86 processor and has 16MB of memory.
I have a 3COM 3C589D PCMCIA ethernet card installed which is connected to a
LAN.  The machine boots and runs fine except that the ethernet connection will
only stay active for a few minutes at a time, after which it simply stops
working-- no panics, no errors, no log messages, and no packets!  If I shut
down and re-start the ethernet interface with the following commands:

# ifconfig ep1 down
# ifconfig ep1 up

then the ethernet connection starts working again (for a few minutes.)

Just for grins, I tried running the 2.8 kernel instead, but it does the same
thing.  I have also tried two different ethernet cards with the same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--Douglas Mandell

2. Enabling root access over telnet

3. FORSALE: Mitsubishi Amity CN (Win95/Linux dual boot)

4. What I wish to see under Linux..

5. Using PS2 port on Mitsubishi Amity CN under Redhat 5.2

6. practical use of semaphore

7. New Web Page: Linux setup on Digital VP-567 & VP-500 series

8. Print stack upong a crash of a C++ app?

9. VP/iX and the VP/iX toolkit

10. Mitsubishi monitors

11. XF86Config EarlySC flag for #9 Motion 771, on a Mitsubishi 21TX

12. Support for Mitsubishi Diamond View 1772e and Matrox Millennium g400 Max??

13. Wanted: Xconfig for Mitsubishi FSD-5561C 17"