Sorry, the modem doesn't respond

Post by mac » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have Linux Mandrake 6.0.   My modem is a  Modem Blaster DI5601 (Rockwell
chip ISA).

My computer bios has the modem set-up in COM 3 IRQ 9.
1.    I do a: setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 9 to set it up in COM 3 irq 9
2.    Using kppp I try to connect and I get:
        Looking for modem
        Modem ready
        Sorry, the modem doesn't respond.

My Lock file looks like this:
#lock
crtscts
defaultroute
noauth

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,
--
Gerardo

Sorry, the modem doesn't respond

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I have Linux Mandrake 6.0.   My modem is a  Modem Blaster DI5601 (Rockwell
>chip ISA).

? Is it a winmodem?

Quote:>My computer bios has the modem set-up in COM 3 IRQ 9.

What do you mean your bios? Most computer bios's have nothing to do with
modems.
Does your modem have jumpers? If so set up the jumpers for some
irq/ioport.
Quote:>1.    I do a: setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 9 to set it up in COM 3 irq 9

1. "Sorry, the modem doesn't respond"

Hi Folks,

When I used kppp to query the modem, I always get the message
"Sorry, the modem doesn't respond" or "Sorry, the modem is busy".
What is wrong and how do I solve it?  Thanks.

Here is some information about the computer and modem:
Laptop:  Prostar 3593,

Modem: v.90 56k fax modem (purchased from Prostar, no vendor
information). It seems correctly configure from tho /var/log/messages,
or by cardctl ident (config).

Kernel: 2.2.14

Module: pcmcia-cs-3.1.8 and pcmcia-cs-3.1.16

2. Strange compile error under Solaris 2.5 ?!?!

3. Modem gives "Sorry, modem is not responding"

4. truss command and multiple threads

5. Problem with KPPP and Aopen FM56-ITU modem *sorry, modem is not responding*

6. DNS problem or wingate

7. Modem doesn't respond to DIP

8. desperately seeking advice on stty on a SUN with SOLARIS

9. DHCP/cable modem doesn't respond

10. My modem doesn't respond to AT command.

11. modem doesn't respond

12. Kppp reports the modem "doesn't respond"

13. PPP-HELP Modem doesn't respond