Debian + PHP4 + Sybase

Post by Jari Kohvak » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

All right. I got the php4 with apt-get source. Then I run ./configure
--with-sybase=/opt/sybase-11.9.2 --with-odbc

Now it doesn't work with Apache (no, I'm not going to install Apache by
hand), and the php-binary still doesn't know the
sybase_connect()-function... Any ideas?

      /"\                             /  Jari Kohvakka
      \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign  /  CS-major / University of Helsinki

      / \                          /  +358 50 567 2587

Debian + PHP4 + Sybase

Post by Colin Wats » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>All right. I got the php4 with apt-get source. Then I run ./configure
>--with-sybase=/opt/sybase-11.9.2 --with-odbc

>Now it doesn't work with Apache (no, I'm not going to install Apache by
>hand), and the php-binary still doesn't know the
>sybase_connect()-function... Any ideas?

Look in debian/rules (the main Debian build script) in the php4 source
package and you'll see that it passes *loads* of arguments to
./configure, so it would make sense that missing out things like
--with-apxs would break it.

If you just want to build a package quickly, with the standard Debian
options plus a few of your own, editing debian/rules and typing
'debian/rules build' from the top-level source directory is the fastest
way to do it, assuming you've got all the build dependencies installed.
This won't give you a proper package, and won't even install the package
into a temporary directory; it's the m*equivalent of './configure;
make' without the 'make install'. You can copy the files yourself to
wherever they're supposed to go.

(Stop reading here if you only want a quick fix. :))

On the other hand, you might want to do it the full-blown proper way and
get yourself a Debian package with your own customizations. The way to
rebuild a Debian package with your own options and have it work at least
as well with your system as the original is as follows.

  * Make sure you have all the build-essential packages installed (see
    /usr/share/doc/build-essential/list in the package actually called
    'build-essential', or
    http://www.veryComputer.com/).

  * Make sure you have all the packages listed in the Build-Depends:
    line in debian/control in the relevant source package.

  * Install 'fakeroot' as well: it means you don't have to build as
    root.

  * Edit debian/rules and customize it whatever way you want.

  * Edit debian/changelog and add a new entry at the top with the same
    syntax as the earlier ones. Use your own name, today's date, and a
    newer version number - adding .0 to the end, say, will make it
    unlikely to clash with any future official packages, although you'll
    have to rebuild each time new fixes come out from Debian or
    upstream.

  * Type 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' in the top-level source
    directory.

  * Wait, or debug if you need to. Eventually it should spit out a .deb
    in the parent directory; check it with 'dpkg-deb -I foo.deb' and
    'dpkg-deb -c foo.deb', then try installing it.

--

"Choose mnemonic identifiers. If you can't remember what
 mnemonic means, you've got a problem." - perlstyle(1p)

1. FreeBSD and PHP4 and SYBASE

Hi,

I heard Sybase released native ASE database backend SDK for FreeBSD some
days ago, I then download and compile php4 with it, it's ok, but when start
Apache with php4 module enabled, FreeBSD complains that symbol "bsd_tcp" was
not found!

I have compile my PHP4 modules with the comand line:
$./configure --with-sybase-ct=/usr/local/sybase --with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/
apxs
$make

there isn't any error when compile and install PHP4 module into apache,
but can not run because of lost symbol "bsd_tcp", why?!

any help will be appreciated,
XuYifeng

2. Multiple IP addresses on a network interface?

3. PHP4 on Debian woody (won't run) (newbie)

4. minithread on linux

5. Debian+php4+mysql

6. segmentation fault

7. RAQ4 w/PHP4

8. ppp dialin server -- Please Help!!!

9. PHP4 not working on new RedHat 7.2 install

10. Installed PHP3 and PHP4, but can't restart httpd

11. Problem with Apache + PHP4 DSO : symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found

12. Pls Help Newbie - PHP4/glibc2.2 rpm install woes

13. PHP4... Please help!