Midnight Commander lost color in 1.2.13

Post by Bob Bli » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I did a complete install of 1.2.13 from the Walnut Creek Slackware 3.0
cd, and now Midnight Commander only works properly if I force it to
Black+White mode(otherwise it is B+W with no highlighting).

Previously I had it in color, with the Slackware 2.3 install of 1.2.8

Both cds had the 2.1 release of Midnight Commander. My
usr/lib/terminfo/l directory has a linux terminal description.

The rest of the terminal works with the correct colors(ls is in color,
etc). If I open an x terminal, Midnight Commander does not work right
there, either, both with a color xterm and a mono one. The help file
for Midnight Commander suggests that I can set colors using the
environmental variable MC_COLOR_TABLE but does not go into specifics,
and also says I can edit my .mc.ini file(also not too specific).

I did not have to go through anything like this previously, I would
assume it would use the default color scheme.
It's like it is using a translation table for the colors, but I don't
get it. Is it using some other library that is corrupt, that is not
being used by any other program?

Any tips?

Post by Richard Herbe » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>I did a complete install of 1.2.13 from the Walnut Creek Slackware 3.0
>cd, and now Midnight Commander only works properly if I force it to
>Black+White mode(otherwise it is B+W with no highlighting).
>Previously I had it in color, with the Slackware 2.3 install of 1.2.8

[snip...]

Not an answer unfortunately, but I have exactly the same problem since
downloading and untarring linuxconf-1.3.bin-aout.tar.gz from sunsite.
The problem appeared before the new linuxconf was run the first time.

Richard.

--
Richard Herbert

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Midnight Commander lost color in 1.2.13

Post by Sjoerd Kro » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hmm sorry for my previous message. My e-mail address is the wrong one. It's

sorry about that..

Post by Max Wheatle » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> > This is a known problem/bug. You can try to force MC in color mode by
> > starting it with the -c option (didn't work for me however). Another
> > thing to do is to get the newest MC (3.1.4 if I'm correct) and
> > recompile it. That worked great. This newer version also has a lot
> > more to offer than the standard one.

Great the lastest version is 3.1.12 I belive, anybody tell me where to get it ???

Thanks
Max

Post by Paul Ingra » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>> This is a known problem/bug. You can try to force MC in color mode by
>> starting it with the -c option (didn't work for me however). Another
>> thing to do is to get the newest MC (3.1.4 if I'm correct) and
>> recompile it. That worked great. This newer version also has a lot
>> more to offer than the standard one.

An where may i find this, please ?

TIA

Paul.

--
Paul Ingram Group Ltd

Godalming                      voice: +44 1483 424424
Surrey, UK                       fax: +44 1483 419419

Midnight Commander lost color in 1.2.13

Post by George Georgie » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00

There is something broken in this version - just get the newer one from sunsite
and it will work
                                        George

Post by Tony Schonfe » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

[...]

Nothing to do here with mc v2.x !
I've updated from a new version -> mc v3.0
you can find this on a sunsite cdrom from slakware 3.0
very good now !!!!
good luck , Tony

--
|--------------------------------------------------|
|       Tony Schonfeld - F5GIT - TNOS/LINUX        |

|   Web: http://www.voiron.com/associations/ham/   |
|------------------ ax25 network ------------------|

|--------------------------------------------------|

1. strange problems 1.2.13 --> 2.0.0 --> 1.2.13

Hi,

I have some strange problems with the new kernel source tree...

after the installation of the new sysvinit-2.62 the linux-2.0.0 kernel
complains sh:/bin/bash cannot execute...
with 1.99.7 this works fine
and at least I'm totally unable to recompile the 1.2.13 source tree due
some strange asm errors in main occurring in asm/io.h referenced by
bugs.h  (also within the asm tree). Of course I checked the appropriate
links to for the linux source tree /usr/include/linux
                                                asm

Please help....
 Michael

        Michael Rietz                   |       Office: 13

        Werner Heisenberg Institut      |       phone:+49-(0)89-32354-242,
        Foehringer Ring 6               |                             415,411
        D-80805 Muenchen                |       fax:    +49 (0)89 3226704

                            is there anybody OUT there...

2. newbie RH7.1 cannot connect to net

3. Midnight Commander Has Lost its color :-(

4. Upgrading the Kernal

5. No colour with Emacs and Midnight Commander: ncurses problem?

6. Port Forwading

7. how to run mc (midnight commander) in color mode under X?

8. change mouse cursor

9. Midnight Commander and colour

10. Midnight Commander not in color

11. Color in Midnight Commander

12. Midnight Commander colour

13. No Color in Midnight Commander or SLRN