Help: Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

Help: Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

Post by Linfeng Son » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have one computer that only has 5 inch floppy disk.
Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

Help: Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

Post by Hap » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

you can't.

you need either:

1. a network card
2. a parallel port
3. a cdrom

> I have one computer that only has 5 inch floppy disk.
> Does Anybody know how install redhat from 5 inch floppy disk?

1. Anybody know how to install RH7.2 from a PCMCIA floppy drive?

     Yeah, there's a PCMCIA cdrom (see /mnt/cdrom/images) and there's
also an FTP download, but you have to have it set up properly on the
other machine.  It's not hard, and it's documented on Redhat's site very
well.

Brian Fahrl?nder                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Evansville, IN                                             and Technomad
ICQ 5119262                       http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html

Virus-hackers are open-source; they harness the power of millions of
to crack OSes. Their power is legendary. Ask anyone running Microsoft.

Doesn't it just make sense to battle that with millions of contributors
to combat these problems?  That's what Linux and *BSD are all about.

2. IPFilter: /dev/ipnat does not exist

3. reading Sys V.4 (ufs) formated 3 1/4 inch floppy disk

4. Performance Problem

5. How to install filesystems on a dos - formated floppy-disk???

6. Themes

7. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear

8. ATI TV Wonder VE and RedHat 9.0

9. Does anybody know where I can buy RedHat Linux in Vancouver BC, Canada?????

10. RedHat 5.1 floppy install not mounting floppy ro CDROM