Intermittent sound after new MB & CPU

Post by Dr. Fabio Marin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi to all of you!
I'm having some problems with my Crystal 4235B-based sound card after I
upgraded both my MB (PC&Chips with AMI WinBIOS --> Asus for K6 with Award
BIOS) and my CPU (K6/233MHz --> K6-2 3D/400MHz). In fact, I had to re-compile
the kernel (2.2.9) with MODULAR support for sound card (while on my previous
system I used to compile it directly into the kernel with no problem) +
ISAPNP to get sound. Audio CDs are going well; but .WAV files are a real pain.
It seems that the sound is alternatively blocking and repeating: IOW, no
"plain" reproduction. I'm beginning to suspect that the different speed of the
processor is involved (or not?).
Any hints?
Many thanks in advance,
Fabio

1. new mb+cpu will it hose my linux?

I run RH 4.2 kernel 2.0.36, upgraded to glibc and I have a p150 (nonmmx)
and TritonII MB..  I will be upgrading to a k6-400 /100mhz bus/AGP MB.
Will I even be able to log on to my linux installation to allow me to
recompile the kernel or will I have to start fresh?

Jason

2. : Info on creating ELF shared libs?

3. recommendations for new MB + cpu + mem

4. installing samba after applying up2date

5. HELP new MB/CYRIX CPU now bad XWINDOWS

6. Routing problem

7. About Alpha 21164-P7 500 CPU & PC164 mb.

8. Simple front end for mag. tape operations?

9. Bios speed & /proc cpu info inconsistency - PC100 PM9900 MB

10. FS: Alpha MB & CPU

11. intermittent MB (or is it HD)?

12. Elitegroup P6BXT-A+ MB & onboard sound

13. SB PCI sound card, ASUS PSB MB, & ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card?