Encrypted password in dip script?

Post by Eddie Chi » Mon, 25 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

Is it possible to encrypt and use a password in a dip script? If not, anyone
would suggest a secure way instead. Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Post by Robert Nicho » Wed, 04 Oct 1995 04:00:00

:Is it possible to encrypt and use a password in a dip script? If not, anyone
:would suggest a secure way instead. Thanks in advance.

I just write the entire 'chat' script, including the password, to a mode
600 file and use chat's "-f" option to read it in.

--

1. How do I encrypt a password in a sh script

I have a sh script that FTP's to another machine and downloads some
files.  I currently have the username and password in the script:

ftp -n <<EOF
open foo.bar.com
user foouser foopassword
bin
prompt
mget *
quit
EOF

Is there any way to encrypt the password??  I would like to make it at
least a little difficult for someone to get the password : - )

The script is run as root so its not a problem to change permissions.

Thanks

Scott

2. Compiling Kernel. I use loadlin. Anything special needed?

3. Help: Shell script needs to encrypt a password

4. 2 Questions : talkd and Orchid Prodesigner

5. Encrypting ftp password in ftp batch script???

6. Help Resetting Virtual Terms - How?

7. Script for encrypting passwords

8. San Fran Bay Area: Experience in Device Drivers needed

9. Encrypt password in expect script

10. DIP script: "hangs" after sending password

11. dip script, problems with password

12. DIP (can someone give me dip ex.script

13. Dip script won't run, but dip -t work?