Monitor Settings

Post by Andrew Renald » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have tried and tried but I cannot get X up and running for my Red Hat
6.2 installation.  The problem is that I have a Philips 109S monitor.
They have a configuration for the 107S (the 17" monitor) but not the
109S (the 19" counterpart).  I have tried to use Xconfigurator choosing
almost every permutation of settings including "Generic Monitor" but I
still get errors when X tries to start.  Does anyone have the settings
for this monitor?  Please cc responses to my e-mail address.  Thanks in
advance.

- Andrew

Monitor Settings

Post by E J » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Are you sure it is your monitor and not your video card?
Look at who your manufacturer's website for source code to compile or
download to use with your video card.
You can alway download XFree86 4.0 and see if it would work better.

> I have tried and tried but I cannot get X up and running for my Red Hat
> 6.2 installation.  The problem is that I have a Philips 109S monitor.
> They have a configuration for the 107S (the 17" monitor) but not the
> 109S (the 19" counterpart).  I have tried to use Xconfigurator choosing
> almost every permutation of settings including "Generic Monitor" but I
> still get errors when X tries to start.  Does anyone have the settings
> for this monitor?  Please cc responses to my e-mail address.  Thanks in
> advance.

> - Andrew

Monitor Settings

Post by Eric » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have tried and tried but I cannot get X up and running for my Red Hat
> 6.2 installation.  The problem is that I have a Philips 109S monitor.
> They have a configuration for the 107S (the 17" monitor) but not the
> 109S (the 19" counterpart).  I have tried to use Xconfigurator choosing
> almost every permutation of settings including "Generic Monitor" but I
> still get errors when X tries to start.  Does anyone have the settings
> for this monitor?  Please cc responses to my e-mail address.  Thanks in
> advance.

> - Andrew

take a look at:

http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/#MONITORS