Minor fsck problem (I hope)

Post by Bruce D. Collin » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I seem to have a filesystem problem with a 1.6GB drive.  For reasons
unknown to me, fsck complains about a zero DT Time on deleted inodes.
This problem occurs on the same inodes every time fsck is run.  If I'm
not mistaken, I think this problem started shortly after upgrading from
1.2.13 to 2.0.22.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

Thanks

1. EXT2 FS corrupted: fsck can't fix; any hope?

Hey everyone-

I had some disk trouble over the weekend (the little power lead to the
hard drive doesn't fit the socket very well, and it fell out :-(),
leading to some serious filesystem corruption.  When I try to boot, I
get this:

hda: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
hda: read_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=89724, sector=12
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:03, sector 12
Kernel panic: EXT2-fs panic (device 03:03): ext2_read_inode: unable to read i-node block- inode=2, block=6

This is on a Western Digital Caviar 540MB IDE drive.  The disk is
physically ok, I think, because other partitions on the same disk are
still all right.  I booted from an emergency floppy and ran fsck, and
it spits out a bunch of lines basically saying "error 0x40" and "status
0x59", then fails.  Is there any hope for this filesystem?  Does Linux
have an equivalent of the old fsdb command?  TIA...

P.S.  If you have a reply, please send me e-mail in addition to or
instead of posting, as our news server drops a lot of articles.
Thanks!

--
Marc Fraioli          | "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist- "
Data General Corp     |    - Last words of Union General John Sedgwick,

2. Can't get mt setblk option to work on zftape.

3. fsck fsck fsck say I

4. ioctl() still problem w/2.5.18

5. glibc should I upgrade?

6. Hoping against hope: RH on a Toshiba 2520 CDS

7. Errors from RPM when erasing packages

8. Patch: linux-2.5.2-pre8/drivers/sound compilation fixes: MINOR-->minor

9. fsck fsck say I

10. help pls - fsck fail on boot; fixed, fsck still fails on boot

11. kde2 problems (on RH6.1) -- kdm fails, also minor icon problems

12. X ....and mouse problems incld. other minor problems.....