Help - Mailboxes

Post by Blemished Innoce » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I can send mail from my normal user account to root, but cannot reply
from root to that account (I am root as well - obviously). It says
"user not found". under /var/spool/mail there is only an entry for
root. How do I create other mailboxes? I would like to be able to
avoid using X-Windows.

Thanks

Viper

1. Sendmail, large/corrupted mailboxes, & locking of mailboxes

Hi,

We've a user on a Linux server (V4.xx) who had some large emails that
came in recently.  when a pop connection is made to reteive the
messages:

a) Depending on the pop client, it either stalls on sending the
password, or reports no new messages.
b) The maillog file (updated by sendmail?) refers to this user as a
"kiss of death user" instead of a "user" for the pop connections made.
c) there is a zero byte <username>.lock file in /var/spool/mail,
generated on each pop connection.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I've looked through the How-Tos &
man pages with no luck.

TIA, Stu.
Stuart Summerville
Project Engineer
Practel Surveillance Systems

2. Small biz invoicing/accounting/tax software?

3. mailbox vs. non-mailbox SCSI controller?

4. /usr/sww/lib Where is it?

5. Redirecting mail messages from user mailbox to another mailbox

6. SLIP: to trust oneself

7. Newbie needs help on a script to check 3 mailboxes..

8. wine font suddetnly changed

9. Help: setup quota for mailbox

10. mailbox fail, pls help

11. Corrupted Mailbox: HELP!