Turtle Beach Montego II (A3D) sound card setup!!!!!

Turtle Beach Montego II (A3D) sound card setup!!!!!

Post by Daniel Smit » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Are there drivers for this?  Is there any way to manually set up the card as
a generic soundblaster?

Post by cathy gramz » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Are there drivers for this?  Is there any way to manually set up the card as
> a generic soundblaster?

The Aureal 8830 chipset, used in the TB Montego II and the Aureal Vortex II,
(and maybe others) is only supported in the commercial OSS drivers. It's not
supported in the free OSS drivers. So you can have sound for about $30.  This
is the fault of Aureal, who refused to release the chipset specs for an open
source driver to be written, and instead sold the specs to OSS. The TB Montego
II that came in my computer now resides in my husband's Windoze box, and I have
a SB Live.

--

cathyy
http://www.geocities.com/cathygramze

Turtle Beach Montego II (A3D) sound card setup!!!!!

Post by Andy Wag » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

Aureal who produce the Vortex chip for this sound card now have a free driver,
available from
linux.aureal.com. I have succesfully used this driver althoug the documentation
suggests the 8820
version, however it appears that the 8830 is what needs to be used.

    Andy.

> Are there drivers for this?  Is there any way to manually set up the card as
> a generic soundblaster?

Turtle Beach Montego II (A3D) sound card setup!!!!!

Post by cathy gramz » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi,

> Aureal who produce the Vortex chip for this sound card now have a free driver,
> available from
> linux.aureal.com. I have succesfully used this driver althoug the documentation
> suggests the 8820
> version, however it appears that the 8830 is what needs to be used.

Too cool! This is really good news! TB makes exceptional quality sound cards, so
I'm glad to hear that drivers for the 8820 work with the 8830. Does the OSS driver
for the 8820 also work, or just the Aureal driver?

cathyy
http://www.geocities.com/cathygramze

1. Setup for sound card Turtle beach Montego II A3D (+USB)

Hi,

I have a DELL PC with a Turtle Beach Montego II A3D sound card (PCI
card).
It has got standard Input/output jack plugs, but the bass booster has
got a USB cable.
Under Win 98, I used to plug the USB cable into the USB port of the PC
and it was
autodetected (in addition to the jack output of the card which was
plugged to the input
of the bass booster).

How shall I configure it under Linux ? Does Linux know this type of USB
device ?

Is it necessary to configure it or is it a sort of non necessary "plus"
? (what I want first is
getting a sound out of my PC using linux which is currently 100% mute,
I'll see later for
the fine tuning).

Where can I find drivers / information ?

Thanks in advance if you can help. Please CC: me with your answer to the
newsgroup.

Vincent

2. AWE32, ATAPI, how?

3. Turtle Beach Montego II sound card and V90 internal modem setup

4. 1.5.2 panics on Sun 420R

5. Help: config Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64v sound card

6. Learnin' shit

7. Drivers for Turtle Beach Montego A3D Sound card

8. Purchasing drives for SunOS 4.1.1

9. Turtle Beach Montego A3D sound cards

10. Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64 Voice PCI Sound Card

11. Turtle Beach Montego Bay A3D PCI sound card...

12. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D Support

13. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D support