Burning data/audio CD Error Audio

Post by Christophe Zwecke » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

my Hardware:

Buslogic BT948
2xIBM DORS 32160 U
P-166, 64 MB RAM
Phillips CDD2000/00

Kernel 2.0.21  Cdwrite-2.0  xcdroast-0.95 and all the needed goodies

ok - I burned a CD data/audio  - everything seemed to perform well and I
pushed the needed cancel buttons when finished writing - no other way to
get back to the main menu in xcdroast, isdn't it ?

Anyway after I wrote the CD, I looked at the data and everything was
there.
I put it in my home CD player and heard the audio from the Game.
I put it in the computer to play and whe nthe audio tracks come it
crashes.
Also no software CD-PLayer is able to play the  audio's.

What could have happened here ? I put audioread on 4x speed (the writer
reads 4x and writes 2x)
I choose "all" when choosing the tracks to copy. I had enough HS space.
I choose "big indian" because I use a Phillips.

I don't want to burn on W95 - oh no please !

Any hints and experiences - please reply - I'm waiting desperatly

bye
--

   Christophe

Hamburg, Germany

In newsgroups please reply also by email - thanks

1. Should MP3 be burnded as audio or data and how to verify audio burning?

Hi all:

  Just a quick question. If I want to burn mp3 on CD to be playable by the
  newer CD players or by DVD players, should I burn it as audio or data?
  (Since digital audio has 44100 sampling rate and mp3 is not, I think it is
  data. Right?) And if I burn a wave file (44100 Hz) onto audio CD, how do I
  verify that it is burned correctly --- since on my harddrive it is
  file.wav and on the audio CD it has no name? Do I read the track back into
  wave file?

  Please educate me. Thanks a lot.

  vector sigma

2. Red Hat 7.3, disk 3 problem...

3. Can burn data but cannot burn audio???

4. POSIX compliance dilemma **

5. Audio CD burning with HP CD-Writer

7. Audio mixer for /dev/audio or USB audio?

8. recreating the LS command

9. newbie (sort of) can't burn data to cdr, audio works fine.

10. Audio data from ASUS CD-S340 CD-ROM drive

11. OOPs reading audio data from CD, ide-cd.

12. CD-ROM devices that can output audio CD data digitally??

13. X-CD-Roast reads data CDs but not audio under RH6.2