Can't Load CD-ROM Module for Install from CD

1. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

Hi,

  I can't install my Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with the following SCSI
related configuration :
  1) 1 Adaptec 1542C controller
  2) 1 240MB SCSI-2 hard disk
  3) 1 Sound Blaster 16 AIC-6360 sound card
  4) 1 NEC SCSI-1 CD-ROM (I say it is SCSI-1 because ezscsi.exe provided by
     Adaptec detects it as a SCSI-1 one without support for parity checking).

  I have tried to install Linux with the following two configurations :
  1) connect the CD-ROM to SB16 card and the hard disk to 1542C controller :
     I typed the command
     Linux aha152x=0x340,11,7,1
     to boot Linux but failed after a long period of detecting my CD-ROM
     and dumped a lot of messages about the queue status.
     I noticed that the parity checking is enabled.

  2) connect the CD-ROM and hard disk to 1542C with parity checking disabled
     while just connect the sound output from CD-ROM to SB16 card only :

     I used the default booting process and it failed a lot faster and told
     me that it can't mount the CD-ROM (kernel panic : unable to mount VFS).

  These two configurations work fine under both OS/2 2.1 and DOS/Windows.

  Now I need help to the following questions :
  1) How can I install Linux using this CD-ROM with such config ?
  2) Which other CD-ROM distribution can I use to install Linux ?

  One of the major reasons to buy CD-ROM is to run Linux. Failing to do so
frustrated me a lot. Please help me !

Thanks in advance,
   Eddie

2. mounting a fat32 partition

3. Kernel won't load my CD-ROM driver module

4. Elm 2.4 pl 21 on RS/6000 - compiles, doesn't work

5. can't install linux- cd didn't come with driver for cd-rom

6. HELP: adb and patching executables

7. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

8. RedHat root pings but users don't

9. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

10. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive

11. Mitsumi CD-ROM + sound card, what's the cd's interupt?

12. Odd CD-ROM behavior w/ modules under 2.0.29 and no CD

13. CD-ROM mount needs source <--> source needs CD-ROM mount