Anyone manage to setup a Syquest SyJet as C:\ under Linux?

Anyone manage to setup a Syquest SyJet as C:\ under Linux?

Post by Brae Ro » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone had managed to configure Syquest's SyJet (1.3Gb
HDD w/removable platters in IDE form) as a boot drive (ie C:\), and
manage to run a release of Linux off of it?

Please lemme know via email how this was done, and what distribution of
Linux it was done under. TIA

--
Memnoch, The Devil!

1. Linux system on SyQuest SyJet?

Has anyone out there successfully gotten a Linux system up and running off
of a SyQuest SyJet drive? I'm trying to install Redhat's Mustang beta on
/dev/sdb1 (the SyJet). The installation went fine. I then booted up my old
2.0.30 system, added the mustang install info to lilo.conf, ran lilo, and
rebooted. As soon as the system tries mounting the root filesystem it dies
(filesystem panic, unable to mount). I've also tried booting with loadlin
to no avail.

The SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 2940UW. What bios settings should be set to
get this sucker to boot properly? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Alex

2. cancel <q7mCc.4024$w3.394@fe2.texas.rr.com>

3. Trying to install Linux on an external SCSI SyQuest SyJet

4. pppd dying on me

5. Trying to install Linux on an external SyQuest SyJet drive

6. Problem with Video ATI Mach64 / 2mo

7. Driver for Syquest SyJet

8. Problems halting/rebooting with 2.4.{5,6}-ac

9. Req.: Experience with SyJet Drive (SyQuest)

10. Using a Syquest SyJet

11. Question about SyQuest Syjets...

12. LinuxPPC and Syquest Syjet

13. Syquest Syjet EIDE