Linux/XFree on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 and Hitachi Visionbook Elite

Linux/XFree on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 and Hitachi Visionbook Elite

Post by Sorin Popesc » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Did anybody succeed in installing Linux and XFree86
 on  either a  Digital HiNote Ultra 2000  (VTX or GTX) or
on a Hitachi Visionbook Elite   laptop ?

  I would be very interested in hearing any comments,
   reports or problems with the Linux installation and the
XFree86 Config file.

 Thanks !

1. Anyone have experience with Redhat on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000?

We're looking at purchasing a DEC Hinote 2000 laptop and want to know
if anyone has successfully set up Redhat 5 on one.  Specifically, we
are wondering about how the display performs with XFree86 and if you
can get the advertised resolutions (1024x768, 16bit on LCD; 1280x1024,
16bit on external) using XFree.
        We are also interested in any troubles with drivers for any of
the usual suspects on laptops (keyboards, touchpad, ports, sound, etc)
and especially any information or experience on getting the
suspend/hibernate modes to work with Linux.

Thanks in advance;

Erik Miller

2. How to reduce RAM on a Sun Enterprise 250 Server?

3. Laptop DIGITAL HiNote Ultra 2000

4. Acquiring Class C Address

5. floppy / 2.0.35 / Digital Hinote Ultra 2000 : unexpected interrupt

6. Porting a SCO Unix app to LINUX

7. Has Anyone Had Any Success with Solaris 7 on a Digital Hinote Ultra 2000?

8. Terminal server (in reverse?)

9. 2.4.x kernel keyboard fix for Digital HiNote Ultra 2000

10. DEC HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop and Linux

11. Network on Digital HiNote 2000

12. Digital HiNote 2000 & Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 Setup

13. Network on Digital HiNote 2000