Help - Kernel Panic - Help

Post by Bruce Berr » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Please Help,

: I had two hard drives, one with linux(/dev/hdb, slave) and one with
: dos(/dev/hda, master), i have removed my dos drive and made my linux drive
: the default master (now only running one drive, linux)...however, the boot
: disks that i have all expect to mount root partition on /dev/hdb1...is there
: anyway to make another boot disk so i can boot linux as a single drive...
: Please help as soon as possible, i'm lost without linux

: Thanks

: --Douglas

Use one of the slackware root/boot combo floppies to boot your
system.
Then, when it gives you a chance to enter a kernel parameter, enter rdev
/dev/hda1 or whatever.  You may have to borrow someone else's machine to
get the rootboots.   When you finally get in to your system, use the rdev
command to change the root device in your kernel.

 --
 Bruce Berris
Albemarle Corp

(504) 769-5152

Help - Kernel Panic - Help

Post by Dougl » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Please Help,

I had two hard drives, one with linux(/dev/hdb, slave) and one with
dos(/dev/hda, master), i have removed my dos drive and made my linux drive
the default master (now only running one drive, linux)...however, the boot
disks that i have all expect to mount root partition on /dev/hdb1...is there
anyway to make another boot disk so i can boot linux as a single drive...
Please help as soon as possible, i'm lost without linux

Thanks

--Douglas

1. HELP - Kernel Panic - HELP

Please Help,

I had two hard drives, one with linux(/dev/hdb, slave) and one with
dos(/dev/hda, master), i have removed my dos drive and made my linux drive
the default master (now only running one drive, linux)...however, the boot
disks that i have all expect to mount root partition on /dev/hdb1...is there
anyway to make another boot disk so i can boot linux as a single drive...
Please help as soon as possible, i'm lost without linux

Thanks

--Douglas

2. Can Linux route on the same wire?

3. Kernel Panic, Please Help...I am Panicking Too

4. how can I install the solaris boot loader?

5. HELP! Kernel Panic: EXT2-fs panic ...

6. 2.5.49: "hdb: cannot handle device with more than 16 heads"

7. Help ! Panic Panic: Kernel crash

8. blankscreen->xlock??

9. HELP, please, HELP! kernel panic

10. compiling ANY new kernel gives "Kernel Panic"...HELP!

11. Help: Kernel Panic:VFS: Unable to mount root, after rebuilding kernel

12. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!

13. Help meeee!!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!!