Please help me turn off screen saver in RH5.0/fvwm2

Please help me turn off screen saver in RH5.0/fvwm2

Post by Matthew Heim » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am running RedHat 5.0 with fvwm2 95 version of x windows.  I am
not used to the configuration files for this window manager but my
users want an interface that is closer to windows 95.  The problem
that I am having is that the screen blanks after about 10-15 minutes
of nonactivity.   I dont think that this is necessarily a windows
manager configuration problem since the blank screen saver goes on
when I am in command line text mode.

Help.

Please help me turn off screen saver in RH5.0/fvwm2

Post by James Youngma » Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:00:00

  Matthew> I am running RedHat 5.0 with fvwm2 95 version of x windows.
  Matthew> I am not used to the configuration files for this window
  Matthew> manager but my users want an interface that is closer to
  Matthew> windows 95.  The problem that I am having is that the
  Matthew> screen blanks after about 10-15 minutes of nonactivity.  I
  Matthew> dont think that this is necessarily a windows manager
  Matthew> configuration problem since the blank screen saver goes on
  Matthew> when I am in command line text mode.

There are two screen savers; one is built in to the X server (not the
window manager), and is manipulated via the "xset" command.  The
builtin X screen saver is disabled with "xset s off".

The console screensaver is a feature of the kernel's console driver
and is manipulated with the "setterm" command. "setterm -blank 0" will
turn that off.