Adaptec 2940W, fdisk problem

Post by Thad F. Pec » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Ok, Ive been following the news postings for several months about
getting an Adaptec 2940W SCSI controller to work under Linux.  I
have downloaded the AIC7XXX patch fro remus.nrl.navy.mil and the
Adaptec 2940 patch from Infomagic.  After I use rawrite to make
the bootdisk I boot up and my SCSI drives are recognized but I cant
get "fdisk" to partition my drive to continue the installation.  I receive
the following error when I give "fdisk" the new partition command "n".

no free sectors available

Infomagic says their patch is only for the Adaptec 2940 not the 2940W.

I would greatly appreciate any help on how I can make this work.

Thanks
Thad Peck

P.S. Sorry forgot the subject line on first posting.

1. Adaptec 2940W/fdisk problems

I just got Linux unleashed which a contains a cdrom of Slackware 2.2.
With the bootimage that is provided, I can't see any devices (I believe
a problem with the Adaptec 2940W controller).

fdisk on /dev/sda fails. I have been looking around these newgroups and have
tried to ftp from remus.nrl.navy.mil without any luck.

I need some help. What are my options? Any pointers/suggestions will be
much appreciated. Thanks.

Sonu

2. ICMP redirects

3. Adaptec 2940W, fdisk problem

4. rsh - Help needed

5. 2940W, fdisk problem

6. No sound from RH7.1 on Dell 4100 (AC'97 "card")

7. Adaptec 2940W problem

8. Speed Disk for Linux/Unix

9. Problem w/ Adaptec 2940W controller and Red Hat 4.2 install

10. Install Problems - 2940w Adaptec CDROM

11. At last, my Adaptec 2940W problem SOLVED!

12. 3Com 3C905, Adaptec 2940W and AMI Bios problems

13. Adaptec SCSI 2940W problem