first line of lptest not printed

Post by H. O. Zin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Just installed Red Hat 6.1 - my first Linux venture.  Worked out various
parallel port problems and finally got printer to print lptest, however
first line of lptest text is missing.  Printer is an HP Laserjet IIP.

Should I tinker with the printcap (e.g. write a filter that adds a line
feed) or is the problem somewhere else?

Thanks.

harry

1. Printing problem (Not printing first line) Help!

I seem to be having a problem with printing text files...

Everything prints fine except the first line gets cut off whenever
I try to print. This is the part of the input filter which I am using:

else if (FileType == TEXT) {
        fwrite(CRLFseq, sizeof(char), (size_t) strlen(CRLFseq), stdout);
        fwrite(buf, sizeof(char), fread_return, stdout);
        fread_return = fread(buf, sizeof(char), (size_t) BUFSIZE, stdin);
        while (fread_return != EOF && fread_return != 0) {
            fwrite(buf, sizeof(char), fread_return, stdout);
            fread_return = fread(buf, sizeof(char), (size_t) BUFSIZE, stdin);
        }
        fwrite(&FF, sizeof(char), 1, stdout);
        fwrite(CRseq, sizeof(char), (size_t) strlen(CRseq), stdout);
    }

If anybody can offer some assistance, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
rob
--

College Of Computing
Graphics, Visualization and Usability

2. dhcp gone after upgrade to 2.2.6

3. one liner which prints n lines before and m lines after the line found by grep

4. Can't install Linux from SCSI CD-ROM

5. what sed command to print the first line and the last line

6. 3c503 irq problem, Always IN2000 SCSI

7. Printing problems, only print blank pages with one line of text

8. ALPHA server 4100?

9. Printing to two printers from one queue (Printers print identically not load balancing)

10. Print Jobs loose first line!

11. Can' read first line printed with lp

12. "lp" prints only the first line of any text file.

13. sed: print first 2 and last 2 lines?