Red Hat linux 6.0 Install Problems

Post by avalanch.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

     "Install Exited Abnormally,
Received Sginal 11,
Terminating Progr...."
Bad Linux, Bad Linux!
Recently, we just got Red Hat linux 6.0 and, are already experiencing
what fauliure is like. Get this. We start up the install fine. Then we
go through all the setup procedures, but then, Bang. We get to the
setup part where it has to scan for partitions. Then sudenly in the
Middle, we get the following massage: " Install Exited Abnormally.
Received Signal 11..
Terminating All programs....
it is now safe to shut down your computer."
We've tried numerous methods to try to get rid of it, but to no avail.
Only one word. HELP.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Red Hat Linux 6.0 Install Problem

After package installation is finished the installation program signals
a mouse configuration error. Except for the printer and password
configuration all other topics from the configuration menu fail as well.

The virtual console which displays messages from the install program
roughly looks like these lines:

* running /usr/sbin/mouseconfig
*       tool failed
* running /usr/sbin/timeconfig
*       tool failed
* running /usr/sbin/ntsysv
*       tool failed

I have tried installing Red Hat 6.0 Linux on another disk drive but
every time the same error occurs at the same spot. I'm using the updated
boot images. Any ideas to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

--
Evert Verhellen

2. Enlarging linux partition

3. 2nd image of 4.6.2-RELEASE

4. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

5. default visual

6. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

7. Problem using Netscape--Help!

8. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

9. Problems installing Red Hat 6.0.

10. Problems installing OpenSSL from source on Red Hat 6.0

11. Question on a new Red Hat 6.0 Linux install

12. Problem with installing Red Hat 6.0 !