Problem with RH 6.0 bootdisk and SCSI Hostadapters!

Problem with RH 6.0 bootdisk and SCSI Hostadapters!

Post by Henning Saue » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

when I tried to upgrade my RedHat 5.2/i386 system to RH 6.0 I only got
to the point after the selection of install from CD-ROM, where I choose
"SCSI CD-ROM" and than it finds my NCR8xx SCSI Hostadapter and then
seems to hang. It does not find my Buslogic Flashpoint BT-950 to which
the CD-ROM is connected. With RH 5.2 I did not have this problem with
the bootdisk! Has anyone made the same experience with the RH 6.0
bootdisk ? Is their a solution for this problem ?

Bye,
Henning

Problem with RH 6.0 bootdisk and SCSI Hostadapters!

Post by E. Frank Ba » Thu, 06 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:} Hello,
} when I tried to upgrade my RedHat 5.2/i386 system to RH 6.0 I only got
} to the point after the selection of install from CD-ROM, where I choose
} "SCSI CD-ROM" and than it finds my NCR8xx SCSI Hostadapter and then
} seems to hang. It does not find my Buslogic Flashpoint BT-950 to which
} the CD-ROM is connected. With RH 5.2 I did not have this problem with
} the bootdisk! Has anyone made the same experience with the RH 6.0
} bootdisk ? Is their a solution for this problem ?

My solution to trying to get RedHat to find SCSI devices was to change
to SuSE.  I comes with kernal images for all the scsi drivers.

--

1. RedHat 6.0 sequence of recognition of SCSI Hostadapters changed ?

It's not RH 6.0 but the 2.2 kernel.  I believe that the scanning sequence
for the PCI bus was changed to match the way M$ does it.  In any case, it
seems that it has been reversed.  You might try looking in the kernel docs.

Best

Cokey

Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:

2. Problem porting Linux -> Solaris pthreads

3. RH Linux 6.0 bootdisk problem

4. LILO reports: L 01 01 01 01

5. Any contracts or perm sun admin postion for remote or onsite work ?

6. RH 6.0 + Aiwa TD-8000 (scsi tape) = problems

7. Passwd, AIX

8. Sound & SCSI problem in RH 6.0

9. Installation-Problem with DAWICONTROL-SCSI-Hostadapter

10. RH SECURE WEB SERVER 2.0 + RH 6.0 PROBLEMS

11. SCSI ZIP working with RH 6.0 on Toshiba 8000