Help On Sendmail, Please!

Post by Wong Hau K » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

      My situation:

     Linux B |---eth----| Linux A |-----modem/ppp-----| ISP

     In both Linux A & B, use nameserver provided by ISP.
     I can send mail from both Linux A & B to outside world
     BUT problem exists:
     Linux A & B cannot send mail to each others.

Thanks!

Regards,
Ken

Just setting up FreeBSD 4, and I notice a number of differences in the
sendmail config system.  All good, I hope.

Anyway - My problem is a fairly simple one.  I cannot forward mail to my
internal machines.

/etc/mail/virtusertable:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cw contains esb.co.uk

Mail is recieved by the server, but mailq gives me:

                                (Deferred: Name server: euro2.esb.co.uk.:
host name lookup failed)

The DNS is set up okay as far as I can see...

Should the last full stop be there in the deferred message?  If not, where
will it be getting it from?

Help?

Matt

--
You can kill the revolutionary
But you can't kill the revolution!

2. Setting time for OSF/1 system

3. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

4. HELP!! Root account gone?

5. Bizarre: Sendmail Connects Then Times Out...Sendmail Gurus Please Help

6. Motif

7. PLEASE, PLEASE help with my sendmail.cf!!

8. KDE version

9. **EMERGENCY*** CONFIG HELP Sendmail Redhat 5.0 Please help

10. HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

11. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

12. NFS please help me please please please sniff

13. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain