Montego and sndconfig problems with 'make'

Montego and sndconfig problems with 'make'

Post by LRW » Fri, 25 May 2001 22:55:21

I have a Turtle Beach Montego II sound card (yeah yeah I know.)
And I found drivers for Aureal Vortex 2 which is supposed to support the
Montego II.
When I untar'ed them, I get an asp10.o and an asp30.o.
The instructions say to 'make install', but when I do that all I get is
an error:
***No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
I've read elsewhere that people have used 'make rebuild' or 'make
rebuild10' but I get the same thing.

Any ideas about that? I have every development package installed that my
RedHat 6.2 came with.

On a side note, when it comes to configuring the settings, under Windows
my card has one set of IRQ and DMA etc, but it also has a SoundBlaster
Emulation in devices with a different set of IRQ and DMA. What's up with
that? Which should I use when it comes time to tell Linux?

Thanks!!!
Liam

1. Redhat 5.1 'sndconfig' problem

I'm trying to run 'sndconfig' on RH5.1 with no success.
Everytime I run it, after setting the IRQ's etc, the program errors out with the
following:

 Modprobe
An error was encountered running the modprobe program.

After trying this dozens of times I entered modprobe manually with
'modprobe sb'
and
'modprobe mad16'

each of which fails with
'can't locate module sb (or mad16) ' errors.

What's wrong?
Do I not have the sound modules installed (how can I check?)?
Any help appreciated.

2. SIGBUS w/ apache1.1.1 on ultrix?

3. Making 'nobanner' Default in V.3.2 'lp'

4. 7248 Model 43P-100 Microcode Y2K Verification

5. sndconfig 'sndcore.o not found in module search path'

6. Profiling C and Fortran at the statement level

7. sndconfig 'stealing' modem IRQ(?)

8. Icons on KDE Desktop

9. Problems making 'space' disk analysis program

10. My 'made-by-printtool' lp queue doesn't queue.

11. Simple 'sed', 'awk', 'cut' problem

12. Help: problems with 'w', 'who' and 'last'

13. Turtle Beach Systems Montego II PCI Audio Card and sndconfig...