Slackware'96: Latest Version?

Post by Mark Hawke » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Is Slackware'96 the latest slackware release? If so, is there
a newer version out soon?

TIA
-Marco

Slackware'96: Latest Version?

Post by Hugh McCur » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> Is Slackware'96 the latest slackware release? If so, is there
> a newer version out soon?

Yes, I believe Slackware 3.1 (aka Slakware 96) is the current release.

I believe they try to make a new release twice per year and the last
release was September 1996.

The home site for Slackware is http://www.cdrom.com

--
Hugh McCurdy

1. Slackware '96 - Syslogd won't run, craps out with a core dump...

Hello,
        Wondering if anyone can lend a fellow a hand.  Running slackware '96,
and syslogd keeps crapping out with a core dump, and has never run from
install.  Well, that is not true, one day it actually ran, but I never found out
why.  But, rpm'ing the latest version didn't work, recompilling didn't work,
I am at a loss.  I know I read of atleast 1 other person who had this happening.

Does anyone have a solution?  This is driving me crazy, since the only time PPP
has ever worked for me, was (strangely enough) the only time syslogd decided
to work.  I think the problem may be related, but I digress.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris Woods

2. Linux with AOpen AP5C/P or AP5V?

3. Warning: Don't install Slackware '96 TeX !!

4. Automounting

5. HELP: BrandNew installation of Slackware'96 won't boot.

6. Help: Xwindows config file..

7. Slackware and the AHA2940, what's the latest compatible version?

8. syslog insmod please!

9. Existence of Installation Guide for Slackware's Latest Version???

10. what's latest version of Slackware distribution?

11. Slackware and the AHA2940, what's the latest compatible version?

12. Kernel compile problems with Slackware '96 and loadlin

13. Problems with 3c509B and PCI, Slackware'96 (3.1.0)