SCSI problem: No BIOS32, AIC7xxx host, and interrupt BRKADRINT 0x1

SCSI problem: No BIOS32, AIC7xxx host, and interrupt BRKADRINT 0x1

Post by mctayl » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Debian GNU/Linux 1.3 "special" rescue disk based on 2.0.30

boot: linux aic7xxx=no_reset or
boot: linux

No BIOS32
aic7xxx: Extended translation disabled
aic7xxx: AIC-7770 Rev C and previous
aic7xxx: Memory check yeilds 4 SCBs, paging not enabled.
aic7xxx: Using level sensitive interrupts.
aic7xxx: Enabled channel B of AIC-7770-Twin
AIC-7770-TWIN AT EISA SLOT 9
   irq 11
   bus release time 60 bclks
   data fifo threshold 100%
   SCSI CHANNEL A:
      scsi id 7
      scsi selection timeout 256 ms
      scsi bus reset at power-on enabled
      scsi bus parity enabled
      scsi bus termination (low byte) disabled
aic7xxx: Downloading sequencer code...done.
qlogicisp : PCI bios not present
eata_dma: No BIOS32 extensions present. This driver release still depends on it.
*  Skipping scan for PCI HBAs
aic7xxx: (aic7xxx_isr) Encountered spurious interrupt.
scsi0: BRKADRINT error(0x1):
  Illegal Host Access
Kernel panic: scsi0: BRKADRINT, error 0x1, seqaddr 0x0.

Any ideas on how to work around this? Possible bios change? I don't know how
manufactors the BIOS, the machine is Ambra, with Dual-Pentium on a daughter
board, Fast SCSI-2 on the motherboard using the AIC-7770 controller. It is an
EISA motherboard with no PCI.

It appears that kernel 2.0.33 includes some fixes that might help, but I don't
know how to use it on the install disks. RedHat, Slackware, and Debian all seem
to use install disks with kernel 2.0.30.

Any help is welcome. Please CC to my email address just to make sure I get it.
(Network flakeiness due to Canadian weather)

-Michael

1. kernel panic: aha274x_isr: brkadrint, error = 0x1, seqaddr = 0x0

Yesterday, I posted that I could not get SlackwarePro 2.1 precompiled
kernel to boot (but the installation disks work fine).

I managed to compile a kernel on another Linux machine (gcc was adequate
after all).  However, it also does not boot.

I have a Pentium 60, 16 MB ram, AHA-2740 SCSI, Mitsumi (non-SCSI) CD-ROM.

The boot messages show the aha274x detected (1 SCSI disk total), then
a message about 16M of memory, processor honours WP bit in supervisor
mode, floppy drive fd0 is 1.44M, then:
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
Swansea University Computer Society NET3.017
Swansea University Computer Society TCP/IP for NET3.017
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
Kernel panic: aha274x_isr: brkadrint, error = 0x1, seqaddr = 0x0

In swapper task - not syncing

Any ideas?
I have *no* clue what to try next.
--

Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
P.O. Box 1000

2. lcs Americans -

3. Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverable BRKADRINT

4. DB2/6000 on AIX 4.1.4

5. Kernel panic: aic7xxx: unrecoverable BRKADRINT...

6. kernel 2.4.17 crashes on SCSI-errors

7. News on a 6000.

8. ahc0: brkadrint, Illegal Host Access at seqaddr 0x0

9. SCSI Install problems (No BIOS32)

10. BIOS32 and SCSI problems

11. SCSI Scanner:Software Interrupt really "interrupts"!?

12. SCSI Tape Problem: AHA2940, aic7xxx driver