Linux ext2fs device driver for DOS or Win95

Linux ext2fs device driver for DOS or Win95

Post by Jerry Lyn » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

It's called ext2tool_1_1.zip (or maybe something similar).  Should be
at the major sites.

--

1. Linux ext2fs device driver for DOS or Win95

: Does such a thing exist, either as a DOS device driver or a VxD for
: Windows? Is there a utility which will run under DOS and transfer files
: to/from an ext2fs partition?

You can run the DOS emulator under Linux.  DOS can be made to
think that regular Linux filesystems are local.  I don't have
a dedicated DOS partition - all files are in a Linux FS.  The
performance seems to be good (maybe better than DOS) and I
can access all files from either OS.  If two boxes are in use,
with some sort of network connection, perhaps NFS is a solution.
Linux filesystems could be exported to DOS or Windows or Mac, or...

I don't run Windows.
--
Stephen Uitti
Programmer at DCCS, UPENN

2. calculating the memory footprint of an application

3. Kernel/SCSI device/driver gives EXT2fs warnings under LINUX.

4. weird behaviour: sendmail/freebsd 4.3-BETA fails to connect due to TTL

5. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?

6. Some questions about NetBSD/mac68k

7. DOS ext2fs driver

8. Capturing Content-Type header on Apache

9. Linux PLIP-like driver for Win95 or DOS?

10. Win95 Device-Drivers as a crutch for linux ??

11. Mounting Linux (ext2fs) partition under Win95

12. Device driver calling another device driver.

13. Device driver question (generic device driver)