Thinkpad 385ED

Post by Daniel Trevin » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My configuration:
    TP 385ED, 80MB RAM, NeoMagic Video, CD, Sound, etc

Problem:
  Trying to install RH5.1 from cd, when booting from the boot disk, I
get the intro msg, Language, and keyboard language questions, then a
message:

    Cirrus PD6729 found, 2 sockets...done.
    sending term signals.....done.
    sending kill signals....done.
    unmounting file system /proc...
    rebooting system.

The only option I have tried is "floppy=thinkpad".  Not sure of any
others.

What is the Cirrus 6729?  Any ideas on how to get past this?

TIA
dan

1. Redhat 5.1 installation on a Thinkpad 385ed

I am trying to install Redhat 5.1 on a ThinkPad 385ed.
My cdrom is built into the laptop so no PCMCIA support
is needed in the installation.  When I tried to boot with the
floppy, I got right in to the initial screen asking what mode.
I got to the first screen asking if it was a new installation
or an upgrade.  I chose new installation.  Then it asked
me to chose a language, I chose US.  Then after that, it looks
like it trys to probe, finds what looks to be PCMCIA and
restarts my system.   Any ideas??

Bill

2. what is System-Map and module-info?

3. Configuring X on an IBM Thinkpad 385ED

4. /dev/null overflow?!

5. ThinkPad 385ED

6. Official Penguin on Tosh Support

7. ThinkPad File for ThinkPad 710t

8. IBM Netfinity Cluster on Linux Equals $5.5m Cray Supercomputer!

9. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X

10. Linux on a IBM ThinkPad 560

11. FreeBSD & XFree86 on ThinkPad

12. Linux on a Thinkpad 720 - 160MB disk, How?

13. thinkpad 560x status under FreeBSD 4.5?