Video Card Setup in x

Post by Greg Reaum » Sun, 11 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I can't seem to get a config that works with my video card.  I have a
STB Velocity 4MB AGP card.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
--
-----
     Greg Reaume

     ICQ: 1466509

Video Card Setup in x

Post by J. K. Tower » Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Thank goodness that this question was asked on NG. Ive been looking for that
topic!!   Since I became so interesting in Linux, I got RedHat 4.2 on CD.
But hestitiate to install since havent see any documentation that mentioned
support driver for STB Velocity 128 4MB PCI card (Same spec as Greg, except
mine is PCI and his is AGP)
Is there any linux user out there who use the same video card or anyone know
any drivers?
Should I go ahead and install Linux and use basic vga driver until that STB
Vel128 get released......
How about that two video card on one PC sound? (I use Vel 128 for WIN 95 and
Diamond Steath (old video card) for Linux?  (I brought Vel 128 and kept my
old video for any emergency )

Pls send respond.... its badly needed info !!

>Hi, I can't seem to get a config that works with my video card.  I have a
>STB Velocity 4MB AGP card.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
>Thanks.
>--
>-----
>     Greg Reaume

>     ICQ: 1466509

1. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

Hello *,

I used a Hauppauge WinTV PCI with bttv. Now I have installed a new
video card (NVIDIA GF4) with an additional video-in port. Without X11
bttv/bttvgrab runs perfect. After starting X and run bttvgrab
following error occurs:

/usr/bin/bttvgrab error: Cannot allocate memory (open /dev/bttv)
[14/1]

I think video-in on new video card blocks out the video device. How
should I configure second video device or how can I switch off
video-in on video card.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

2. apache-mod_rewrite bug with Rule for proxy:

3. Two Video Card Setup with X, Getting X to use certain card

4. using rdev to re-assign root fs

5. X shutdown kills agp card with 3 video card setup

6. SAR error on Solaris 9

7. Setup for Trident 9750 Video Card and Yamaha OPL3-SAx sound card

8. ioctl(SIOCADDRT) device route: Network is down(100)

9. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

10. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card

11. video card info - what is the fastest video Card on X?

12. video/audio plug-ins for Netscape 4.03 browser

13. setup.ins error when installing OO in 5.0-REL