Why doesn't the GnoRPM screen show up

Post by Shashank Khanvilka » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:07:15

I need to install some packages and i am using the GnoRPM for this. However
the screen for this application does not show up even after i enter the root
passwd.
The DISPLAY variable is properly set and the packages are up2date'ed..
Thanks
Shashank

1. X doesn't start, instead shows a grey screen

Hi, I'm relatively new to linux and X, and recently I accidentally (and
mindlessly) shut down linux using ctrl-alt-del, which was a really bad idea.
After that, my linux still started, but because I configured to let X start
automatically, X would start load up after Linux's loaded, and it would give
me a grey screen with mouse enabled, but it would not give me the login
screen any more and I don't know how to get out of this screen.  How can I
return to console mode and re-configure X? Or do I need to reinstall X
server etc. (or worst, my Linux? I've got too many customized
option/software to give up already).

Thanks a lot if any of you would kindly reply to this mesg!

Mingyi

2. sed

3. Why doesn't KDE show a complete list of dictionary files?

4. samba & win95

5. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

6. PPP help needed

7. Why doesn't my mail show up

8. ping on two interface

9. Why doesn't LILO show my message file?

10. why doesn't xterm show colors(rxvt does)

11. why doesn't $DISPLAY or $HOSTDISPLAY show full hostname?

12. Why doesn't Red Hat show dir colors like Slackware?

13. Why doesn't my Korn Shell show tracked aliases?