xscreensaver

Post by Kris Jorda » Tue, 11 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have linux to start X-windows on startup, I have it run the .xinitrc
file in the users directory.  I have xscreensaver to come on in
.xinitrc, but xscreensaver never works.  The screen just does the
blanking.

I get these errors with usermount:

** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2425 (gtk_widget_set_sensitive):
"widget != NULL"
** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2425 (gtk_widget_set_sensitive):
"widget != NULL"

Ya, it comes up twice...  Also, it only gives me the option to unmount
the drives, something to do with the errors above.

Kris

1. How to make xscreensaver automatically run in gnome?

I've just uninstalled the rpm of xscreensaver and installed a new version
of it by tar ball.
I think generally in order to make it work, gnome should load it
while starting.
But I don't  know how to make it properly.
What I can do is to put "xscreensaver --no-splash" at the startup
session.
In fact I want to know more about how gnome starts up.
Thank you in advance.

2. Uninstall LILO

3. Bug or backdoor? [xscreensaver]

4. Linux works with the new Epson 500 inkjet printer?

5. huge core file generated by xlyap (xscreensaver)

6. IP Address for stdin, stdout, stderr

7. xscreensaver question

8. How to determine manufacturer of Ultrasparc

9. xscreensaver GL hacks crashing

10. new xscreensaver hack

11. XFree86 4.0 problems with gdm and Xscreensaver

12. Xscreensaver / xdm

13. xscreensaver