SCSI ADAPTEC 1542 no device

Post by Kurt Fleischman » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Doe's anybody know about Problem:

I use a PC with LINUX Kernel 2.0.25 with 3 E-IDE-DRIVES
one of them is used for Windows95

in this machine is a ADAPTEC 1542 where Scanner and CD-Recorder
is connecte. With Windows 95 I can use without Problems these
Devices - but Linux recognizes the Controller but doesn't detect
any connected Device.

The SCSI-Chain and SCSI-Adresses are correct.

What can I do?

Thanks for answer

SCSI ADAPTEC 1542 no device

Post by Lawrence Crag » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Doe's anybody know about Problem:

> I use a PC with LINUX Kernel 2.0.25 with 3 E-IDE-DRIVES
> one of them is used for Windows95

> in this machine is a ADAPTEC 1542 where Scanner and CD-Recorder
> is connecte. With Windows 95 I can use without Problems these
> Devices - but Linux recognizes the Controller but doesn't detect
> any connected Device.

> The SCSI-Chain and SCSI-Adresses are correct.

> What can I do?

> Thanks for answer

Have you tried fdisk under Linux to see if it can see the SCSI drives?
E.g. fdisk /dev/sda should find the first SCSI drive on the chain.
--

1. Adaptec 1542 and SCSI reset?

I have successfully been using my Adaptec 1542 and Maxtor LXT535SY drive
on my old 386sx for a year now, and am trying to upgrade my system.

I went out and bought a cheap 486-DX4100 (AMD) from my local computer
store. After booting with boot and root-disk, I seem to randomly get the
following message:

SCSI 0 resetting for second half of retries

.. and then my machine becomes unusable.

This seems to happen when disk access is going on. (Perhaps when I go into
setup and try to setup the primary disk..) Any idea why this might be
happening?  At first, I thought it might be an IRQ problem, but I've
confirmed that this is not so.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Please reply via e-mail.

Allan Crump

2. Changing video modes in X

3. Adaptec AHA-1542 SCSI problem

4. Sendmail - Not working with an alias in the to: field

5. Adaptec 1542 SCSI lost

6. 3C590 and Matrox millenium cards: how to install linux with them??

7. Adaptec 1542 and a SCSI Tape Drive under Linux ...

8. stty:: Unknown Error

9. SCSI Problem with Adaptec 1542 B and Seagate Elite

10. OpenLinux 2.2 and Adaptec 1542 SCSI hard drive

11. Help: Adaptec 1542 SCSI HD (not) installing

12. Adaptec 1542 SCSI users wanted

13. adaptec AHA-1542 scsi